April 19, 2024, 03:59:26 am

Author Topic: Next Creative Event?  (Read 7308 times)

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
Next Creative Event?
« on: November 30, 2015, 05:52:20 am »
So we would like to have another creative build event for this coming winter break. However, the last one didn't have many people sign up and even less finish a build. It'd be nice to see some more people join over the holiday and the event would be a good reason to do so. If there are people that don't want to enter because they think others might beat them, so what. The point is to just build and have fun. There's also a rule that if you've been in the top three three times in the past four events, then you can no longer be judged or win a prize, tho I think you can still build if you'd like.

So if we want another event, and don't want that part of creative to stop happening, we need some of you to say so.
I'm up for another event, tho I will only be building, my build will not be judged.

Who else is in for another event?
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
Re: Next Creative Event?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 07:40:46 am »
I'm up for it, I especially enjoyed the last one.  It'd be nice to perhaps have another themed build, but with a relatively open ended theme (?). Thoughts / suggestions?

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 07:56:27 am »
There's also a rule that if you've been in the top three three times in the past four events, then you can no longer be judged or win a prize
I understand this is an attempt to clear up the top 3 and encourage more people to enter, but wouldn't this perhaps discourage the active and skillful builders to stop entering the events, and therefore render the rule pointless? If I'm wrong please clarify.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 01:19:06 pm »
There's also a rule that if you've been in the top three three times in the past four events, then you can no longer be judged or win a prize
I understand this is an attempt to clear up the top 3 and encourage more people to enter, but wouldn't this perhaps discourage the active and skillful builders to stop entering the events, and therefore render the rule pointless? If I'm wrong please clarify.

Not necessarily. Loaf said earlier that he already got with his donations, and he's happy enough to just participate for fun. Vore hasnt been on in months, so I doubt hes participating either. Banning (at least for a little while) people from winning more than three times will give other builders who might be discouraged by the same people winning a chance to participate.

The theme will most likely be holiday themed, considering the time of year lol, I'd just like to know that enough people are going to participate in it (5 who can get a prize at least preferably?)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 03:14:16 pm »
Right, so basically what I said. Still doesn't make much sense to me, but it doesn't really apply to me so that's that.

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 05:01:29 pm »
I would be in.  I personally don't build for the reward, but I am still looking for a win.