March 28, 2024, 06:50:22 pm

Author Topic: US Army Bootcamp  (Read 7563 times)

TrapA7X

• View Profile
US Army Bootcamp
« on: March 01, 2016, 05:02:56 am »
Well, it looks like this is goodbye. Just kidding.

I just wanted to let all of my fellow Opticrafters about me heading out to bootcamp here in just 2 weeks. As of March 14,

I'll be shipping out to South Carolina to be doing all my training. I'll be away for about 8 or 9 weeks. Not very long, but

still a bit nervous about it all. So I want you all to wish me luck! I love you all and I'll definitely miss you all.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:07:45 am by TrapA7X »

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: US Army Bootcamp
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 04:02:22 pm »
Awesome!  Be safe and enjoy your time getting Booted! :-[

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 04:22:04 pm »
Good luck bro! It's a great experience, and I'm sure you'll have plenty of stories for us when you come back!

(click to show/hide)

They will most likely try to shit on your life like they did to my flight (i.e. your parents dont love you, you're here because you didnt get a Bentley for your birthday, etc.) but try your best to ignore it.

The best advice I can give you is: Listen to what they're saying, not how they say it.
Also, random airport hugs are the best, (after graduation flying to different airports to go home or to your next base)
IG - @oem_moses

TrapA7X

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 06:14:01 pm »
Awesome!  Be safe and enjoy your time getting Booted! :-[

Thanks man. I will try to enjoy it lol.

TrapA7X

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 06:22:43 pm »
Good luck bro! It's a great experience, and I'm sure you'll have plenty of stories for us when you come back!

(click to show/hide)

They will most likely try to shit on your life like they did to my flight (i.e. your parents dont love you, you're here because you didnt get a Bentley for your birthday, etc.) but try your best to ignore it.

The best advice I can give you is: Listen to what they're saying, not how they say it.
Also, random airport hugs are the best, (after graduation flying to different airports to go home or to your next base)

Yeah, I have heard they do treat all of us like shit. I know I will be ready for it all though.  I have a friend of mine who has already finished his job training and he told me all about his adventures at his basic.  Red phase, what I heard was just hell haha. Thank you for telling me all this man.

TrapA7X

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 07:40:47 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Quick question bro. Did you use shaving cream? I was told no by another recruitee. But I think he was just being an asshole or he just didnt know lol

HoaxZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 03:19:08 pm »
Good Luck,
always remember to put in 100% effort, play the "grey" man so don't stand out too much especially at first as those who do are usually for the wrong reasons. never forget when its your time in the evening it isnt actually your time you have to sort out for the next day so before you head out or relax ensure all is done for the next day or more.  finally they are looking to make the weak and unsure about what they are doing types quit so if you really want it just hang in there it does get better especially after training. oh and avoid those who cant handle a weapon properly, you dont want to get shot by mistake  ;) . if you would like advice or help feel free to chat though i cant help much on american equipment. i do wish you the best.

TrapA7X

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 05:41:05 am »
Good Luck,
always remember to put in 100% effort, play the "grey" man so don't stand out too much especially at first as those who do are usually for the wrong reasons. never forget when its your time in the evening it isnt actually your time you have to sort out for the next day so before you head out or relax ensure all is done for the next day or more.  finally they are looking to make the weak and unsure about what they are doing types quit so if you really want it just hang in there it does get better especially after training. oh and avoid those who cant handle a weapon properly, you dont want to get shot by mistake  ;) . if you would like advice or help feel free to chat though i cant help much on american equipment. i do wish you the best.

Thank you a bunch man. I need all the positive advice I can take before I ship out. This is pretty helpful. Im totally ready for it lol