March 28, 2024, 12:22:16 pm

Author Topic: Astoria - COMPLETED  (Read 4935 times)

Roza

• View Profile
Astoria - COMPLETED
« on: February 24, 2016, 02:26:09 am »
Project name:  Astoria

Project location (Live map link, coordinates, not biome, include world name):
http://www.opticraft.net/map/smp/#/819/64/2335/-2/3/0
/home roza astoria

Contributors: 100penguin, grootensliven, lando_v, hoaxz, fireball, Quattro, and many others who dropped by to help on occasion

Mayor / zone owner (Only one - this is the zone owner): Roza

Approximate dimensions: expands roughly (not square) X 633 to 974 and Z 2172 to 2423

Requested Flags: no mobs, no snow, no pearling no moving objects in item frames.  Must be able to activate Redstone using buttons to "play the bones"

Number of active residents (if applicable): Roza

Number of completed, decorated and furnished buildings: 13 completed and 3 ships plus a few more need interior

UPDATE:all surface buildings and landscaping is done.  The tunnel is also done.

What remains to be completed is the ship's cavern and exit.

What state is the project in, and what are your plans for its future, if any: its nearing completion but there is still a lot of work to do, the tunnel under the moving fireplace, landscaping the town area and the pirate ship area.  The tunnel and town is all built on an interpretation from the movie The Goonies,

Why should we grant this project protection?

There is a lot of detail involved and expensive blocks on the rich side and on the ship, its too big to protect with ps.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:57:10 am by Roza »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
Re: Astoria
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 01:49:47 am »
This place looks awesome! Great work  :)

Roza

• View Profile
Re: Astoria
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 12:19:44 am »
thanks Gavin

lots more to go but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, :)

Roza

Roza

• View Profile
Re: Astoria - COMPLETED
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 04:49:48 am »
hey

the build is now complete.

Remember that this is a tribute to the movie the Goonies, if you don't know the movie let me suggest starting with exploring Mikey's house and attic.  This is the location the kids in the movie found the treasure map to one eyed Willie's pirate ship.  They then went through the woods to the old Lighthouse Lounge and through the fireplace.

If their adventure doesn't excite you or getting trapped in a tunnel then maybe you might like to explore the town, and the country club.  Although the movie doesn't show the home of the character Troy, I have taken the liberty of building what I think would be a fitting home for the richest man in Astoria.

To view this island go to /home Roza Astoria 

I hope you all enjoy touring and hopefully it will be protected soon and you wont have to worry about mobs, in the meantime make sure you have a weapon or two with you.

Roza

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
Re: Astoria - COMPLETED
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 03:29:20 pm »
Accepted

Use /region addmember astoria (name) to add people. Keep up the great building :D