March 29, 2024, 01:12:40 pm

Author Topic: A Proper Culmination  (Read 6096 times)

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
A Proper Culmination
« on: February 08, 2016, 01:56:52 pm »
But first, let me apologize for posting this in the Introductions section, as it is quite the opposite. But this is a good section as any.

Hello there, good people of the Opticraft community.

It is I, Wone (or most commonly known as w0n3). I've been away for so very long: mostly from being busy, and from losing interest in Minecraft in general as time went by (I'll address this point later on in this post). I tried to return to the game, to the community again eight (8) months ago, and it did not go so well. And as I am going to be more busy than I ever was before (moving to Australia to pursue my degree), I don't think it'll be any easier to return.

Therefore, I am making this post as a proper farewell to those who mined and built alongside me and those who know me. I figured that if I am to go away, I'll notify people of interest instead of just fading away. Assuming that things didn't change much since 8 months ago, I'd like to have my Moderator rank removed from both the SMP server and the forums. There are people far more qualified and dedicated as I am to that cause; might as well hand them the torch. Besides, should I decide to return in the future, I'd like to relearn the ropes of Minecraft and the server itself from the beginning. To rediscover the things that got me playing. As for the fortunes that I have mustered under my account, just leave them be until I can decide what to do with them.

To the people who I played with: It has been a great run playing and getting to know each and every one of you. You guys are great lot of fun to play with. I'm a man of few words, so my thoughts are limited to the amount of beautiful sentences I can construct when it comes to socializing. But do know that I mean what I say (read: type)
To those that I might have offended before: I thoroughly apologize. Do realize I am but a stranger on the internet, but I still seek forgiveness to those who I owe apologies to.

And there you have it. This is Wone, signing off.

TL; DR version: I won't be returning soon. Demote my ranks, but leave my stuff alone. I'll be back when I feel like I can and want to.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 01:58:45 pm by Wone »

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: A Proper Culmination
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:20:17 pm »
Bye man :(

Good luck in 'Straya!
Your sig 4 evar <3

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:08:44 pm »
Take care man! It's been real
IG - @oem_moses

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:10:18 pm »
You'll have an amazing time in Australia! I'm extremely jealous!  I'll miss you tonnes, but I can still bug you on Skype from time to time so its all good ;)
Your signature will be a reminder of the good times on mine craft  :-*
You'll always be one of my favourite buddies
<3
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:12:27 pm by daniblue182 »

The selfie that made nick change spawn.