March 28, 2024, 03:07:04 pm

Author Topic: Any runners out there?  (Read 11852 times)

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
Any runners out there?
« on: December 05, 2015, 08:29:42 pm »
Hello! Nice to be back on the forums!

On November 7th, I participated in a local Half Marathon in Downtown Indianapolis, Indiana called the Monumental (Half)Marathon! Before this, I ran 450+ miles over the summer and Cross Country season, and know I can hold an 8 minute/mile pace fairly easily. Knowing this, I agreed to train for a short period of time after Cross Country season at about an 8 min/mile pace to train for the 13.1 miles ahead of me.

On race day, the weather could not have been more perfect for running. 45oF (7oC), partly cloudy, and a wonderful race crowd! Since this was my first half-marathon, I had to start outside of a corral, or group of runners who are placed torward the front according to their times. Dispite having to dodge hundreds, possibly thousands of runners during the miles 3 through 7, I was actually running FASTER and EASIER than I have been running during my training runs, with the exception of my first mile. (8:43!) The last three miles, however, were absolutely brutal and had to back it off from a 7:30 min/mile pace to about a 8:00 min/mile. Long story short, I finished the Indianapolis Monumental (Half) Marathon in a much faster-than-anticipated 1 hour, 40 minutes, and 42 seconds! That means I averaged a 7:41 min/mile pace over 13.1 miles!

Any of you completed a half/full marathon too? If so, comment about it below!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 11:51:41 pm by Tobs »
-Dale

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
Re: Any runners out there?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:27:17 pm »
Very nicely done, congratulations!

How much did you weigh and how tall were you when you did this? Just curious

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 12:38:38 am »
Why do you ask? lol
About 114 pounds and just short of 5'6"
-Dale

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 07:46:22 am »
Why do you ask? lol
He's measuring your coffin.

TrapA7X

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 09:00:58 pm »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 09:09:14 pm »
Why do you ask? lol
He's measuring your coffin.
Yep, thanks for the measurements!

Actually I used to be a runner and was kinda trying to see how we compared when I was near your speed.  I was like 135 and 5'10 I think

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 03:27:29 pm »
Actually I used to be a runner and was kinda trying to see how we compared when I was near your speed.  I was like 135 and 5'10 I think
I need to work on my efficiency, but I got the distance down! Track season is firing up in a few months and aiming for a sub 5:15 mile (timed myself a 5:32 mile not too long ago, INDOORS, and know i can go much faster) Not exactly a great 800 runner, so anything close to 2:25 would be great. \
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:13:03 pm by Dalei »
-Dale

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 02:04:20 pm »
Awesome pace! What events are you planning to do in track? I'm 2 months into my first season (im a freshman scrub) and my main event is the 600m but I plan to get up to the distance events.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 05:16:28 pm »
Hello there, Mr. Runner.. ;)

Congratulations first of all on your achievement.
Your pace is very good, especially if you have just started training.

I ran on November the Athens Classic Marathon in Greece.
Because of an accident I did it 4:10:00.
My training session was 2,5 months long with average 60Km/week.

The good thing is that I could have done it 3:48:00 or below and the very next day my legs were like I havent run.
However, I used to eat like a demon. Everything! I mean that.. Huge quantities and more than 8 meals for about 2-3 days..

Do you hold a Heart Rate Monitor?
That would be good to have, and it will help you build 'ergo' as we call it. IT is the ability to produce energy with high economy on your carbo by just burning fat instead of useful ingredients.

Best,
Spamarian

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 03:00:31 pm »
Hello there, Mr. Runner.. ;)

Congratulations first of all on your achievement.
Your pace is very good, especially if you have just started training.

I ran on November the Athens Classic Marathon in Greece.
Because of an accident I did it 4:10:00.
My training session was 2,5 months long with average 60Km/week.

The good thing is that I could have done it 3:48:00 or below and the very next day my legs were like I havent run.
However, I used to eat like a demon. Everything! I mean that.. Huge quantities and more than 8 meals for about 2-3 days..

Do you hold a Heart Rate Monitor?
That would be good to have, and it will help you build 'ergo' as we call it. IT is the ability to produce energy with high economy on your carbo by just burning fat instead of useful ingredients.

Best,
Spamarian
Hello Spamarian! I would love to run a marathon (once Im old enough, that is...) and hopefully by then I can get as close as possible to the Boston Qualifer (3:05:00 as of this year). AS recently I had a conversation with my coach and discussed future possibilities, and I think I would have a better time in further, but not insane, distances because I lack the leg speed to keep up with my massive cardiovascular potential I have due to swimming I used to do. So, I decided to sign up for the 3200 in my first indoor meet and performed AMAZINGLY! I kept up with a lot of my teammates that I wasn't able to keep up with in a long time.  Keep working hard, and you can achieve anything ;)

Awesome pace! What events are you planning to do in track? I'm 2 months into my first season (im a freshman scrub) and my main event is the 600m but I plan to get up to the distance events.
Well, I have no option to what I run, my coach (and sometimes the seniors) choose for me... So far, I have "officially" ran the 800 and 3200. my 800 went awful, so I think I can get at least a few seconds off that. My 3200 went almost too well. My 1600 was a time trial last week, but I made no improvment off of it (5:31 vs 5:32). I am really hoping I get to be in multiple relays soon. hope you do well in your track season! My 600's would be awful... lol!
-Dale