April 24, 2024, 10:46:45 am

Author Topic: Minecraft compatible Colourpalette  (Read 12261 times)

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft compatible Colourpalette
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 04:45:31 pm »
tox is there any other way to see it EG scroll over a pixel in the pic and it tells you what block to use.. Rather than keeping the palette editor open???
Would be great help if there is a way like this

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 11:45:33 pm »
No there is not, unless you go Terre-style and do it yourself. But srsly, how much easier can we make it. I'm actually considering taking this down, for people just want to start spriting, without even trying to do some effort by themselves. I really haven't seen anything original as of lately except Terres work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 11:52:31 pm »
How do you resize the picture to be smaller? (I use the photoshop way)

---><--- Click the monkey

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 11:54:41 pm »
How do you resize the picture to be smaller? (I use the photoshop way)
Image -----> Image size.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 12:12:04 am »
See, that's what I mean, no offense to you personally Mr. but have you ever even used an image-editor before? I get the feeling most people just see sprites, think, oh cool, I wanna do that too, and just think it's copy-pasting from the image. I even see people not knowing that they have to zoom in to see the individual pixels, which really disappoints me. I would like this topic to be moved to the crafter+ forums, so not every retard can have his way with this. Spriting is an art, it's not difficult, but you will need to put time in it to get hang of it. I don't have the feeling most of you appreciate the hard work people do to verify each pixel against the available blocks, to see which one is best. Doing days of preparations before you can actually start working. The weeks it took Terre to do his knight all on the eye, I think you should show a little more appreciation for this.
Anyway, locked for now to further questions, you'll have to do it with this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 12:14:02 am by Mr.Monkey »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 12:19:19 am »
See, that's what I mean, no offense to you personally Mr. but have you ever even used an image-editor before? I get the feeling most people just see sprites, think, oh cool, I wanna do that too, and just think it's copy-pasting from the image. I even see people not knowing that they have to zoom in to see the individual pixels, which really disappoints me. I would like this topic to be moved to the crafter+ forums, so not every retard can have his way with this. Spriting is an art, it's not difficult, but you will need to put time in it to get hang of it. I don't have the feeling most of you appreciate the hard work people do to verify each pixel against the available blocks, to see which one is best. Doing days of preparations before you can actually start working. The weeks it took Terre to do his knight all on the eye, I think you should show a little more appreciation for this.
Anyway, locked for now to further questions, you'll have to do it with this.
I've never got photoshop before...

I never knew how stupid I was one year ago, until now. I will break down your quote, Mr.Monkey.

See, that's what I mean, no offense to you personally Mr. but have you ever even used an image-editor before?
It was my first time ever using an image editor for real instead of just scribbling over the page or changing the background colour with the paint bucket.

Spriting is an art, it's not difficult, but you will need to put time in it to get hang of it.
I actually needed more time to know what I was doing before I was able to sprite, it took me a few months to know what and how to do it.

I don't have the feeling most of you appreciate the hard work people do to verify each pixel against the available blocks, to see which one is best.
I honestly don't know who wouldn't appreciate it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:12:48 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 03:58:13 pm »
ermm huge necropost here... but i think i can ask here best... how do you upload the palet, i have no idea :/ cant figure it out either

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 11:23:18 pm »
ermm huge necropost here... but i think i can ask here best... how do you upload the palet, i have no idea :/ cant figure it out either
1. Download this.
2. Move the minecraft.gpl to the desktop or anywhere you want.
3. Download and install Gimp.
4. Follow this video.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:27:43 pm by Mr_Mr_Mr »

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2012, 06:10:31 am »
oh thanx