March 28, 2024, 08:14:46 pm

Author Topic: Relive The Memories  (Read 20215 times)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Relive The Memories
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 08:23:17 pm »
Minecraft is not dead.  They've been working on 1.9 since 1.8 came out and they have big things for it.  The first snapshot came out Thursday and they aren't even close to being done.  Great things are coming.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 01:04:08 pm »
Too many good memories, probably the best was picking up some good people as the time went by. Made some great friendships, built some fun/great things with said friends. Were always ups and downs but the time was well spent and enjoyable all the same.
Don't have any pictures and some details are foggy but I do recall a few things.
SMP beta, Relkeb's sea wall and draining of part of an ocean, the winding road around mountains leaving spawn with Nikita and Co. Some great early builds around the time as well.
The original SMP world out of beta (the glory days), building an insanely laggy chicken killing pen, towns and cities forming with groups of friends, single people putting in a bunch of time to make some really nice builds themselves.
Can't forget the rise of the melon farms.
Too much to name, and to remember all at once.

The community may be smaller now, people may have moved on, but community remaining is still as strong as ever.

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 11:48:04 am »
b1uej0ker spent so much time on this pumpkin farm only for pumpkins to be banned from the market

That was something

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 11:22:18 pm »
I have a faint memory of when there were 80 people online and chat was just speeding by. I've had the urge to play recently, hopefully that will stick.

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 02:44:10 am »
Back when the community was tight and all dat good life.