April 19, 2024, 05:48:11 pm

Author Topic: General Forum Board  (Read 4708 times)

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
General Forum Board
« on: June 19, 2015, 02:25:52 pm »
Now that there's two servers, I personally think there can (or may be in the future) with some parts of the forum.

One of these is the Server News. The news for both the Survival and Creative Server are posted in "Server News" under Opticraft SMP, rather then each having their own separate news forum or being put into a general board (which is what this suggestion is about.

Another example is the support section (excluding ban appeals)
When only the SMP server was around, all support type questions would go into that forum. Now, there is nowhere for general support question, not pertaining to any server in particular (i.e., general issues with minecraft it self)

I think an idea could be to merge the discussion board with a 'general board'. This would be a board that doesn't belong to any server in particular; It could be used for the current general discussion, helpful articles, off-topic, and introductions, with the addition of the server news, and a generalized support section.

Just an idea that popped into my head last night

-kag
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: General Forum Board
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 01:35:57 am »
There isn't a Creative server news board because as far as I'm aware, only 1 board can be set to display on the home page, therefor only 1 board is currently used for both server news.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
Re: General Forum Board
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 02:51:19 am »
I would pose that any question or topic pertaining to Minecraft in general would go into the discussion forum under the general discussion forum tab. I wouldn't say there's a need for another section for support.

When it comes to the server news, it would be nice if it were under its own section outside of smp.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com