March 29, 2024, 12:17:28 pm

Author Topic: Auction House System Ideas  (Read 24494 times)

velo

• veloticy
    • View Profile
Re: Auction House System Ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 08:08:53 pm »
Personally I was going to hold players responsible for checking up on their auctions which means no chat spam at all.
I guess, but especially during the last couple minutes of an auction, when there;s a lot of last-minute bidding this would be very problematic as players would have to type "/auction listmine" just to see if they've been outbid and then whatever command to actually make a bid.
Personally, I have no preference with this, I just could see this becoming problematic in the future.
I can already see players complaining about not winning the auction over having to type so much, even though like you said, they should be responsible for their own auction

- velo

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2015, 12:26:47 pm »
Personally I was going to hold players responsible for checking up on their auctions which means no chat spam at all.
I guess, but especially during the last couple minutes of an auction, when there;s a lot of last-minute bidding this would be very problematic as players would have to type "/auction listmine" just to see if they've been outbid and then whatever command to actually make a bid.
Personally, I have no preference with this, I just could see this becoming problematic in the future.
I can already see players complaining about not winning the auction over having to type so much, even though like you said, they should be responsible for their own auction
I could see how that would be a problem on a bigger server, but with how many players we have now, I don't think last minute bidding will be a real issue.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DJPirate

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2015, 06:39:50 pm »
I thought about this subject, i think it would be easier to specify what slot in your hotbar the item is in, then you dont need to check if the player actually has that item or stuff like that

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 06:45:22 pm »
I thought about this subject, i think it would be easier to specify what slot in your hotbar the item is in, then you dont need to check if the player actually has that item or stuff like that
you still do.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 12:44:05 am »
Well, the difference then would be checking if they actually have an item in their hand, and not necessarily if the item is a certain item, cause it could be anything. It would be easier than having to specify the block, however it would essentially be the same amount of checks.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2015, 01:23:41 am »
Plus you still have to check the amount of the item.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2015, 02:39:02 am »
Right, that happens either way, so it's then down to finding the easiest way for players to specify their stack, which I agree would be better as the item in their hand. Easier to manage for players in the final plugin.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2015, 03:11:59 am »
Right, that happens either way, so it's then down to finding the easiest way for players to specify their stack, which I agree would be better as the item in their hand. Easier to manage for players in the final plugin.
that's most likely true, I was just hoping to avoid players forgetting what was in their hands and accidentally putting it up for auction. I guess its not a big deal since you can always cancel it.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 04:16:07 am »
Maybe use both methods and allow them to auction an id or enter "hand" where the id is to auction their hand.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 08:16:52 pm »
Any input from mainly smp players?

blueted12345

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 08:20:28 pm »
Personally I think the auction is a good idea. It gives people a chance to sell items people wouldn't normally think about wanting to buy. So sounds great!

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 05:10:01 pm »
Will items and funds transfer automatically?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 06:01:45 pm »
Will items and funds transfer automatically?
The items and funds would transfer automatically once the players log back in.

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 08:06:37 am »
Spigotmc do a good auction plugin, which has all the "is the selling item in your hand" crap integrated, as well as the quantity you wanted to sell. This allows you to sell half a stack of items despite having a full stack in your hand. Just a thought...

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 05:29:00 pm »
Spigotmc do a good auction plugin, which has all the "is the selling item in your hand" crap integrated, as well as the quantity you wanted to sell. This allows you to sell half a stack of items despite having a full stack in your hand. Just a thought...
Regardless I would have them specify the amount of items. It would be awful to only be able to sell a full stack.