March 28, 2024, 02:27:52 pm

Author Topic: Builders getting access to //count or //distr  (Read 4350 times)

velo

• veloticy
    • View Profile
Builders getting access to //count or //distr
« on: May 25, 2015, 10:35:51 pm »
Builders do get access to //wand, which is somewhat helpful, but there is no way to measure the total amount of blocks in a specific build, or the breakdown of different blocks. I understand that this breakdown can be found using /lb me, but for one, a name change resets those stats, and for two, this shows the amount of blocks placed in the entire world, not a specific build.
For example, with //wand, it counts the total amount of blocks in an area, but it includes air as a block, so when using it I end up with an insanely high number of blocks selected (http://gyazo.com/2742471f035234395ee8527f20ba53d8). Both //count and //distr would not count air as a block and would help gauge progress.
It shouldn't be a hard command to add. Since it's already a world edit command all you would need to do is edit permissions, and it would really be helpful to me, as well as other builders I'm sure.
Thanks, velo
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:09:20 pm by velo »

- velo

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Builders getting access to //count or //distr
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 01:48:11 am »
I don't see how distro is useful at all really.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

velo

• veloticy
    • View Profile
Re: Builders getting access to //count or //distr
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 03:18:22 am »
Conversely, since //distr and /lb me are basically the same command, except //distr is more useful because it doesn't require UUI support, and can be set to a specific location instead of the entire world. So if there is no point in //distr why do all players have access to /lb me?
Additionally, I don't see how either command could harm server performance. Even if there was a way to misuse the command, I'm asking for it to be a Builder+ privilege, so there wouldn't be anybody to misuse it, since there are only a few members of the rank, and they all can be trusted to use simple commands like these properly and not abusively.
//distr would be useful because not only does it display the amount of blocks, but it also displays the percentages. This is extremely convenient in the sense that, for example: If I were to make a mountain, and wanted to variate lets say, some Polished and Regular Andesite, as well as some gravel, I wold be able to check the percentage breakdown of each block, and if there is too much of one block (in realistic and aesthetic terms), I would be able to recognize this.
If you still disagree with the usefulness of //distr, I would be willing to compromise and just ask for //count, though I still believe that both of them would be very useful.

- velo