March 29, 2024, 11:12:11 am

Author Topic: How Opticraft Has Been Doing Over the Years (In New Members)  (Read 40107 times)

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: How Opticraft Has Been Doing Over the Years (In New Members)
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 06:22:02 pm »
If there was to be a PVP server it might attract players then said players might join the SMP/Creative servers.
We have PvP arenas

To be honest that is a half assed attempt at PVP that was in place with what we have, it is inadequate for actually advertising we have PVP and although it works, lacks many things.

TooMuch4U

• Smp Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Dank Memes
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 02:36:06 am »
If there was to be a PVP server it might attract players then said players might join the SMP/Creative servers.
We have PvP arenas

To be honest that is a half assed attempt at PVP that was in place with what we have, it is inadequate for actually advertising we have PVP and although it works, lacks many things.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:31:49 am by TomRizz »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2015, 07:03:09 am »
We have PvP arenas
PvP server! PvP server! PvP server!

But in all seriousness it would be cool to have a kind of combat based server, not so much minigames or what you see hundreds of times, but something that focuses primarily on combat based games. SMP is awesome, Creative is awesome, but these are both things we've had for a very long time, and both mainly focus on Minecraft's vanilla features. Like Tobs said, SMP's PvP was a quick solution to an even bigger idea that fell through. People like building, but they also want blood, and with the proper setup, a combat server would be a huge hit.

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2015, 11:57:52 pm »
Hello, I'm one of the Old members from Classic times, if people are wondering. I've also been keeping an eye on things to  see what the community is up to, I've never been one to make large grandiose post's or be super social, but I know a problem when I see one.

From the years I've been involved with minecraft communities I've seen the same thing happen all over, the biggest problem is Boredom. Plain and simple.

A game like minecraft is understandably enjoyable and fun for a very long time, however, it is also susceptible to staleness. It needs people to fuel plans, and motives. It needs human effort to make it more then what it is at its core.
Thats where mods and gamemodes come into play, it takes some of the human imagination out of the equation so that people can focus on other easier to obtain goals.

Here's a couple examples of what I'm talking about.
Vanilla
(click to show/hide)
MINIGAME
(click to show/hide)
Modded smp/creative
(click to show/hide)

I hope that this helps a little with the discussion, but even modded servers inevitable see a decrease in popularity as a packet begins to be completed across the board. End game is End game, everything comes to an end eventually. But a strong community like this one can last far longer then any game. And ultimately its the people that make a community grow.

Shiny things can bring a mouse in, but its the food that keeps it there.
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

kni0002

• Opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2015, 01:39:58 pm »
Overhaul the voting system... Some people can press vote with out actually voting.
Also a Minecraft forum thread/Planet Minecraft forum thread, Ect. would attract some new players as well.

Hate to say it but some white listed servers sometimes have more players then Opticraft at times and they only rely on forum threads to keep them active.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:42:19 pm by kni0002 »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2015, 03:04:16 pm »
Just an note, I wouldn't waste keyboard clicks on suggestions for the SMP server or this website. Without optical there can be no progress on either. However the Classic team is always open for ideas.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2015, 03:12:20 pm »
Just an note, I wouldn't waste keyboard clicks on suggestions for the SMP server or this website. Without optical there can be no progress on either. However the Classic team is always open for ideas.

Classic is still accessible? I tried logging into it a few months ago and it wouldn't let me join (even with xwom)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2015, 03:47:58 pm »
oops I meant Creative. I will forever mix the two up.
But yeah, all my attempts to access Classic have failed too. I was able to get on earlier in the year with the right Java and WoM version, but it must have been luck because I haven't been able to since.

Kakakalaa

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2015, 10:50:11 am »
But yeah, all my attempts to access Classic have failed too. I was able to get on earlier in the year with the right Java and WoM version, but it must have been luck because I haven't been able to since.

I've tried too lately, no luck, I only seem to be able to play classic singleplayer ://

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2015, 01:30:08 pm »

I've tried too lately, no luck, I only seem to be able to play classic singleplayer ://

May the millions of spleef arenas rest in peace :'(

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2015, 10:11:10 pm »

May the millions of spleef arenas rest in peace :'(

forever in our hearts

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2016, 01:09:37 am »
I've started the classic server back up. It crashed and went unnoticed. I am actually unsure of how you even log in anymore though... But its up
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:02:34 am by optical »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2016, 03:25:57 am »
I've started the classic server back up. It crashed and went unnoticed. I am actually unsure of how you even log in anymore though... But its up
There is a post by Xeadin in the classic archive with detailed instructions and download links to log on to classic. Is there any way you could copy the info on this post and re-post it somewhere so we can view it?

I logged onto classic about a year ago with no problems, but I lost the info on how to do it.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2016, 03:29:19 am »
I posed one too but unfortunately the Classic Support board was deleted entirely :(

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2016, 03:29:51 am »
Can't find it :(