March 29, 2024, 10:22:29 am

Author Topic: Problems with grief related bans  (Read 5112 times)

Corza82

• View Profile
Problems with grief related bans
« on: March 29, 2015, 06:15:51 am »
Ive (Corza82) been banned again for "griefing". As its temporary I dont really mind but Im certain this has happened to others. In the area I was walking through there was a hill. To climb it I needed to break some blocks. I was then banned for griefing. How is this fair? Can we please send a message to everyone saying to protect land in some way. I remember there used to be protection stones what happened to them? Its annoying that walking through and breaking a block can count as griefing. It would be much easier if it just didnt allow players to not break the certain block and say that its inside someones protection or, someone has claimed this.

Idea:
Bring back protection stones
Have a /kit protection to get one so everyone can get one
If something without a protection is broken it should not count as griefing

Thanks for reading. Hopfully this helps people in the future and the server in general

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
Re: Problems with grief related bans
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 06:23:48 am »
Hello,

First of all, you were banned because you grieved a grief trap and it takes more than a few blocks for that to happen.
Second, protection stones are still very much active, but some players do not buy or use them.
Thirdly, destruction of anything that you didn't build or isn't natural is grief, whether it is protected or not does not dictate that fact.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Corza82

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 11:05:52 am »
Okay, I admit I broke something that was obviously made by someone. I still dont think its fair to set traps, but okay not my server lol. I apologize for breaking the rules of the server but there is an area I have to walk through where there are broken or abandoned structures, its very annoying having to navigate through them, cant something be changed so I dont have to worry about being banned for trying to cross over some land?

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 03:21:18 am »
It is a very simple matter to not break something. That is the only thing to be done.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com