April 26, 2024, 05:08:30 pm

Author Topic: Ban Appeal- veloticy  (Read 3350 times)

velo

• veloticy
    • View Profile
Ban Appeal- veloticy
« on: March 15, 2015, 12:00:14 am »
Hello. I was banned for griefing 122 blocks of someone's (I was not told the player's username) build. I am aware of the effect of being "griefed" has on someone, as even if a moderator is able to "roll-back" another's build, it still can upset the builder, because they wonder why someone would try to destroy their hard work.

On the weekend of February 28th, 2 weeks ago, I was approached by a moderator, triibalturtle, for a similar infraction. I explained to her that I had been afk for a while, and was certain my brother had done it. I later talked to him, and asked me to tell me what he destroyed and where I could fix it, as i wanted to make it up to the staff and players on the server. I apologized for what my brother had done, and promised to never stay afk on the server, figuring that would solve the problem.
I am sure that if you go back to the grief and look at the dates on the logblock, it will be between those dates, Feb 28th/March 2nd, you will find that my story checks out.

I cannot express how badly I feel on how these series of Griefs occurred on my behalf due to my naive trust of my brother. I promise that if I am unbanned I will make sure that my brother never touches the server again, even if it involves me asking the mods to freeze me each time I go afk. If I am not unbanned, I would still like for someone to give the players I harmed my sincere apology, as even though I did not destroy their builds, I am still responsible for fostering the result.

I would also like to add that I have spent a large amount of time building on this server in the past two weeks (over 50,000 block changes), and have been working on a large project in which I would hate to see my investment go to waste. I have made several friends on this server whom I would like to keep, and become better friends with. I would like to inform the moderators as well as the players that I have NO intention of dismantling the infrastructure of this server, and will do everything I can to cooperate with staff.

Thank you for your consideration in my ban appeal,

Velo

- velo

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
Re: Ban Appeal- veloticy
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 12:13:12 am »
Hello,

I check the date, and it was February 28th. However, even if it was your brother that did the grief, your account is your own responsibility. If you are afk long enough for someone to hope on your account and grief that much, then you should just log out and log back in when you get back.

Since this is the second time this has happened, we will have to resort to other methods if you allow your brother to your account again. Please see to it that that doesn't have to happen.

I will shorten your ban from 7 days to 2 days, a ban still has to be served.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:17:32 am by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com