April 20, 2024, 11:03:36 am

Author Topic: Regarding this forum member  (Read 9098 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Regarding this forum member
« on: December 27, 2014, 04:51:44 am »
Hello. First I will begin by mentioning that I am not the owner of this forum account. I am a family member of his. Since I am one of very few people in the family who is a technology expert, I was tasked with going through his accounts and notifying communities of what happened.

My relative, the owner of this account, his name was Matt, committed suicide last Friday. I do not know how well you all knew him, and I do not know how close he was to all of you. Looking through his old posts on his account shows that he used to be somewhat active around here. However the case may be, I am simply notifying the online communities he was (or is) a part of, as per his written request, that he has passed away. Since this website is part of his browser history, and account details were logged in his browser cache and cookies, I decided to make this post to notify you all.

If any of you were close, then I am sorry for your loss. He was a great loss for me as well. My family and I miss him dearly.

Best griefer name ^

PIXELDUDE2001

• a rogue god
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 05:18:18 am »
Hello. First I will begin by mentioning that I am not the owner of this forum account. I am a family member of his. Since I am one of very few people in the family who is a technology expert, I was tasked with going through his accounts and notifying communities of what happened.

My relative, the owner of this account, his name was Matt, committed suicide last Friday. I do not know how well you all knew him, and I do not know how close he was to all of you. Looking through his old posts on his account shows that he used to be somewhat active around here. However the case may be, I am simply notifying the online communities he was (or is) a part of, as per his written request, that he has passed away. Since this website is part of his browser history, and account details were logged in his browser cache and cookies, I decided to make this post to notify you all.

If any of you were close, then I am sorry for your loss. He was a great loss for me as well. My family and I miss him dearly.

I'm sorry for your loss, we will all miss him as well . Alicia tells me he was 19, too young.

Sir_Biden_XVII

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 05:20:44 am »
I never knew Matt, but this news saddens me nonetheless. It's just scary how someone can be gone all of a sudden. My feelings go out to you and his family.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 05:27:56 am »
I interacted with chief149 many times when he was active amongst our community.  I am deeply saddened to hear of his loss. If you check this post - I just want to let you know what a great person he is.  I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for taking the time to notify us. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 07:06:15 am by gavin »

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 05:37:51 am »
I don't think I could ever come up with the right words to say. I knew chief a long time ago back on smp. From my memories, he was intelligent and funny. Definitely an interesting person to talk to. Always had a clever thing to say, always had some plan in mind. He certainly was one of many people that had come to define the opticraft spirit.

To think a guy exactly my age could be here one day and gone the next is a frightening thought. I don't think anyone could ever understand what he might have been going through. I wish I could have known him better but he had left us for over a year. It has been a long time.

My condolences to his family and friends. A person that has left this earth never truly leaves us, instead forever staying alive in our memories of them. May you find comfort in the impact he made on each and every one he knew.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:06:12 am by DJAlphaWolf »

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 06:15:47 am »
My condolences. Sorry for your loss.

PIXELDUDE2001

• a rogue god
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 07:36:36 am »
A monument has been built on creative.opticraft.net by BigLuke7777 in honour of Matt. It would be nice if you could stop by /home BigLuke7777:chief and leave some flowers. I hope you can all enjoy the rest of your day.

Ramkitty

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 12:21:06 pm »
I am sure that i speak for every member of the community when i say that we are so deeply saddened to hear this news.

I would like to express my deepest condolences to your family.

He will be forever remembered throughout the community

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 02:11:10 pm »
Wow. He and I didnt talk much in game but he was cool when we did talk. RIP
IG - @oem_moses

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 02:13:22 pm »
I'm so sorry for your loss. I send my condolences to the family.

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 07:18:01 pm »
I really have no idea what to say other than you have my condolences, I didn't know him all that well but he was a good guy and will be deeply missed.

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 07:21:30 pm »
I didn't really know Chief all that well, but regardless, terribly sorry for your loss. My prayers and condolences are with his family.
You make choices in life and you don't look back

a1374thspartan

• Southern Moderator
  • "Every man dies, but not every man really lives"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 08:20:31 pm »
My condolences for your loss, Chief played on this server for a long time and he will be missed.

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 10:16:24 pm »
We are all saddened by the loss of one of our players. RIP

Hola.

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 03:51:59 am »
I've just now read this and can't believe it. Chief and I were very close at one point. We talked on mumble for hours a day during the summer last year. He needed villagers and I had a village. It just went from there.

My deepest condolences to his family.