April 26, 2024, 11:21:38 am

Author Topic: ***PENGUIN'S MAGICAL CHRISTMAS EVENT 2014!!!***  (Read 8655 times)

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
***PENGUIN'S MAGICAL CHRISTMAS EVENT 2014!!!***
« on: December 13, 2014, 06:38:38 pm »
Hello!

Welcome to Penguin's Christmas Event.

What is the event: This event is a test, as I have never held an event on my own before and feedback would be greatly appreciated. You will follow the story of the fabled "beast" and follow him to his lair, gathering clues to his whereabouts along the way. You shall use this knowledge in many ways, and there are enormous fantabulous prizes to be won!

TASK 1:
This is the treasure hunt part, and for a comprehensive and short synopsis of this post please go to /home 100penguin rules. You shall follow the sign posts and gather clues to help you find the whereabouts of the penguin's lair - and trust me, this is gonna be one hell of a walk. Along the way you shall find numbers and you MUST remember them. These numbers when inserted correctly will open the door to the lair of the beast...

TASK 2:
Parkour - and lots of it! This section is the daring raid in which you grind your way closer and closer to the penguin's lair. Several sections are linked, with checkpoints throughout. I cannot stress this enough - you must put your items away before commencing in the parkour tasks as the risk of death is imminent and inevitable. 100penguin takes no responsibility for loss of items, xp or other commodities. Enderchests are provided at the start of challenges and at /home 100penguin 2 if necessary. Other than for this use you will not need to use /home 100penguin 2, and there is no benefit from doing so. Along the way you shall find small prizes for curiosity and courage, and having completed the parkour section you shall have to complete other smaller challenges involving a tad less death.

During the entire parkour section you shall see signs that say along the lines of "take a picture of me!". Make sure to screenshot these signs to provide evidence of your completion, and you shall also have to collect the numbers found in the final battle section. These numbers must be /mail send to 100penguin as soon as you can.

Once you have completed the entire puzzle you will be able to gloat menacingly over your prize. Things you must do:

1: /mail send 100penguin (numbers found) eg: 12345
2: Create a forum post in general discussion entitled "I won Penguin's event 1st/2nd/3rd prize"
3: Include in this post screenshots of the relevant prize chest, the "take a picture of me" signs, and any other useful things you find along the way.
4: Wait patiently for penguin to respond. Gimme some time >.<

Useful bits of info:

- No enderpearls, as this is not only cheating but they'll also make life a lot harder with parkour.
- Staff are exempt from prizes. Sorry, but there are so many ways that you could cheat (not that you would...)
- The entire event will be open forever, even when prizes have been claimed
- No griefing blah blah I'll burn you blah blah...
- It's recommended you be at least member+ as all of the areas are in member and member 2
- You won't need to use penguin's /home. The required /homes are 2, start, rules and beast.

Good luck! And enjoy the competition!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:48:39 pm by 100penguin100 »

TooMuch4U

• Smp Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Dank Memes
Re: ***PENGUIN'S MAGICAL CHRISTMAS EVENT 2014!!!***
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:40:16 am »
Is the use of Homes aloud to make personal checkpoints on the parkour?

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 08:26:09 am »
Not really, I'd rather you didn't. It won't really do you any favours, as you're gonna die all the time anyway, but there are beds provided at regular intervals to use as checkpoints :)

TooMuch4U

• Smp Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Dank Memes
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 09:05:57 pm »
Ok

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 08:40:47 am »
Third prize is still on offer - it's worth it ;D