April 24, 2024, 05:32:54 pm

Author Topic: Builder Application - That1Gie  (Read 2214 times)

That1Gie

• Just your average gie.
    • View Profile
Builder Application - That1Gie
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:21:12 am »
Ingame name: That1Gie

Briefly describe all your creations:
- The City of Zion, a city in which the inhabitants are never seen outside and are strangely obsessed with obtuse building structures and tight living quarters. Don't bother asking them what time it is.

- The Temple of Aquarius, A.K.A the Temple of Ice and Water. This sanctuary houses flowing structures of ice and quartz. Eskimos often visit this temple in need of Holy Ice and Water.

What world/s are the creations on: Recruit3

Links to screenshots of the creation:
- The City of Zion: http://imgur.com/a/UmkMk
- The Temple of Aquarius: http://imgur.com/a/bS0Jg

Names of players who helped contribute: None

Extra (Anything else you want to mention): Nope!

(click to show/hide)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Builder Application - That1Gie
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 07:48:53 am »
I really do like your builds from an architectural perspective-- in fact, I really liked Zion for its mysterious and ominous appearance. There's just one problem to Zion:

What's inside?

We all know that interior detail and design is not everyone's strongest point, but that quality cannot be ignored entirely-- especially with something that you gave an interesting backstory for. Does the city just rest on a bed of grass? Is Zion free for everyone to meander into and question what happens within? What does the city of Zion look like inside the strange buildings? The lack of interior design makes me want to ask for more.

In addition, the Temple of Aquarius is very well done architecturally, with a mixture of materials that blend together. There's a bit more interior design to see here, but what ultimately makes it a temple to begin with? Is there a throne or a set of thrones for those in power? Perhaps a statue in honor of an important figure? Use of the interior space is important as well. There are also a few domes above the main lobby space that could be used as well, not just for show.

I think I may have mentioned this to you before, but "Rushing on most builds tend to destroy them," and unfortunately this might be what I'm seeing here. You have excellent taste in design, but you seem to rush past the other important qualities in the process. My advice is to take it slow and think about what each part of the build is accomplishing, because anything you build has to accomplish some sort of task-- other than to look good from the outside. If you have some sort of limiting factor during the day, make a goal for yourself to accomplish a certain amount of the build during the time that you are on.

Rejected. You have very strong potential, and I think you can outshine yourself by pacing yourself during the design and construction process. The more time you spend on your builds, the better the outcome, and the less likely you'll skip over some of the important details.