April 27, 2024, 04:49:24 pm

Author Topic: So this guy...  (Read 4063 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
So this guy...
« on: September 23, 2014, 04:38:53 am »
...ran Doom on his printer.

There's a small video included with that article. And this shows that technology is getting pretty crazy now. That, and Canon's printer web security sucks. Now, the colors aren't exactly on point (why is Missingno. everywhere in this game?) but the printer can in fact run the game and the only glitches present in that video appeared to be graphical.

Thoughts?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Sir_Biden_XVII

• View Profile
Re: So this guy...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 06:59:43 am »
Thoughts?

Evidently, these are rare to come by. Troubled times are upon us, my friend.

Now, back to the off-topic:
a) That's pretty cool.
b) Never heard of the game, and neither have my parents, but still...
c) It's also kind of scary that a large company like Canon would not use authentication for something that critical to the system. Did they elect this so, or forget?
d) How does one control this game? I would assume the controller is remote.
e) I like the idea of trying something to see if it can be done. It makes me happy inside.
f) Will it run Zork?

You don't need to answer these questions. I would probably do the research myself if I were bent on having answers. (I felt like your post was lonely, so I wanted to keep it company.)

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 03:10:16 pm »
You never heard of doom?!?!?!?!?!?!? Bruh
 Im not too surprised. Leave it to the right people and you can basically run anygame on any screen. I know a guy who turned his headrest dvd player into a pacman game. The printer at my moms work can play centipede if the software crashes in the middle of a scan, like how youtube does when loading a video and pressing a directional key
IG - @oem_moses

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 04:01:18 pm »
Doom should be remastered for mobile phones.
Bored of my PSOne emulator already.

Sir_Biden_XVII

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 08:21:26 am »
I just want to say this: It took me way too long to figure out how to play Zork on our new Windows 8 desktop. Two VMs, repeated configurations and installations, Splashtop (for working on it after bedtime, on an iPod) and a copy of the Zork CD files from my Dropbox. (I wonder if that's legal...) And yes, I tried the "Compatibility mode" first, with no success. Granted, some of this mess was due to my own personal restrictions (like bedtime), but still...

Ermagersh, I totally want one of these! Beautiful!

I bet they don't exist any more.

* just noticed that he is drifting from the offtopic topic *