April 27, 2024, 05:18:15 pm

Author Topic: A Theme Song for English  (Read 3663 times)

Sir_Biden_XVII

• View Profile
A Theme Song for English
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:45:25 pm »
MOCK
50.245.168.*
Somewhere in California

25 August 2014

Members of Opticraft
Various Addresses
Earth, Milky Way

Fellow players of Opticraft:

I need help with an English assignment for school. The assignment asks me to choose a song to be my "theme song," and then I must write an essay to describe why I chose the song and how it describes me.

As you may have guessed by now, I need help deciding on a song. I know that most of you don't know me very well or at all, but I'd still like to know what you think. What song would you choose to describe me? (Maybe explain why, too; that could be helpful.) Let's keep them clean, by the way (I have to play the song in class).

Appreciatively,

Sir Joseph Biden XVII

Intelligence Coordinator of MOCK

sirbiden@gmail.com

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: A Theme Song for English
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 01:20:20 am »

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 01:33:03 am »
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:41:30 am »
IG - @oem_moses

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 04:38:56 am »
I have a question: why are you asking us, people that have never met you in real life, to find a song that represents you when you know yourself best?

Something that might help us find a song for you is to tell us about yourself. I understand how it would be hard to find a song that represents you, but we can't really be any help unless we know more about you.
Also, don't expect anybody to write the essay for you, you should do that part on your own, be creative.

---><--- Click the monkey

Sir_Biden_XVII

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:11:11 am »
Well, I come to the Internet for three reasons, two of which are admittedly not related to the assignment at all:

1. The people on Opticraft have listened collectively to far more music than I have, so their ideas will cover a broader range of songs. (This is the reason that is somewhat relevant to the assignment.)
2. I want to learn about my reputation in-game.
3. I want to practice posting on the forum, since it seems to be a skill I lack.

In regard to your second paragraph, I am a calm person. I am not competitive, but I have a drive to do well in just about anything non-competitive that I attempt. For some reason, if the purpose of an exercise is to beat everyone else and that's it, I feel no motivation. I am somewhat proficient in the field of computing, and I want to make a career out of it as a technician in an office or school setting. This also incorporates my desire to help and serve people. I like drawing with charcoal, and I love to see words used gracefully and descriptively. I believe Sting spoke true when he said, "If you love someone, set them free." (Yes, I know he's not the only person to say that, nor the first, but that's where I heard it from.) I strive to live my life by the Boy Scout Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_Law#United_States_of_America), and chivalry is a priority to me (except when someone rude is not getting the message when it comes across politely). I want to have a legacy, and a positive one.

With your third paragraph I agree. I would never even consider allowing another to write an essay for me. That is plagiarism and cheating, and a major transgression of integrity.

Fourth point: I may have found a song already, which my brother suggested to me: "Peace of Mind" by Boston.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGRrOEbY3pI
The chorus really does describe me well. Thanks for the ideas though, guys (two for butts and one man who lost his mind). If something strikes you as matching my personality or reputation, feel free to add it anyway.
Edit: I have been told that I should look for more options. Link away!

Fifth, a point of information: Do you think I should repost that big paragraph up there in the Introductions section?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:42:30 am by Sir_Biden_XVII »

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 02:05:05 pm »
goo.gl/QMET

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator