April 29, 2024, 06:01:05 am

Author Topic: Missing Parrot NY NY  (Read 4806 times)

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
Missing Parrot NY NY
« on: April 22, 2014, 06:31:55 pm »
Hey any New Yorkers please keep an eye out: Missing Parrot If you're not in NY but know somewhere there then please pass the info along - it's incredibly important that the bird be found fast and Michael is offering a $1000 reward so selfish as it might be to only do it for the reward, there's incentive for those of you that don't care.

I am desperately sad for Truman and hope he's found soon! Can see ALL kinds of kick @#$ videos of Truman at Parrot Wizard

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Parrot NY NY
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 12:59:11 am »
At first I was wondering why you would want to find a simple bird so bad, then I saw the last link.

---><--- Click the monkey

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 01:01:56 am »
Poor parrot...

Hola.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 01:50:42 am »
The amount of things will do for an animal just surprises me in good and weird ways.

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 09:06:29 am »
Yeah Truman is a big deal and I feel soo badly for Michael that I will let everyone I possibly can know about poor Truman... and I figured here I'd either find New Yorkers or people who knows New Yorkers - and I don't need to know who is/isn't a New Yorker, just need to spread the info! =D

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 07:46:35 pm »
TRUMAN WAS FOUND!!! YAY!!!!

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 07:58:52 pm »

WOO MORE GEEKY BIRD

Now elaborate. Did he just come back or...?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 08:16:26 pm »
Congrats to him (:

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:52:31 pm »

WOO MORE GEEKY BIRD

Now elaborate. Did he just come back or...?

A gentleman phone in about a green bird with white beak and orange around his wings screeching in his back yard. When Michael got there, even after 48 hours Truman seemed fine and happy... Poor Michael has been a WRECK about his baby being missing... Anyway Truman is back safe and sound!

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 08:57:05 pm »
Nhaww that's such a cute birdy

Hola.

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:09 pm »
Glad he was found :D:D:D:D
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

Cora

• The Pink
  • Wheek Wheek Wheek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 11:19:26 am »
From Michael Himself:

"Truman Updates:
1) Truman is doing just fine like nothing even happened. He is uninjured, strong, and in good spirits. He's not emaciated by any means and happily participated in a routine training session this evening. When I found him, he was surprisingly boisterous and fine. The only toll I saw on him was a heavy tiredness in his eyes. He got plenty of rest back home.
2) I would like to thank everyone that has helped in this ordeal including my brother, family, friends, volunteers who came to help search, news media, the local community, Kili, Santina, Ronen, everyone who shared and offered support online, and most of all Vaughn Lloyd who not only found Truman but made sure I got him back! I could not have done it without all of you and it means everything to me. I had to do everything I could but I did not have the strength to accomplish what I did if it weren't for all the support boosting me to push harder than I physically could. Santina was a good sport about getting wholy neglected for two days. Kili was out there with me all day searching, calling, and motivating me to go on.
3) I want to thank Truman for coming back with me. He not only has free flight but he also has free will. I could not MAKE him come back with me. But he made the choice to and that is very important to me. I am not keeping Truman against his will. I offer him as much freedom as I can safely allow.
4) I not only found Truman but also made many new friends. I am amazed how many people that I didn't know showed their support whether moral or physical. The community has been very supportive as well. I did not ask for people's help here on facebook but you guys did it anyway and shared Truman's missing flier with over 35,000 people! This helped get the word out and played a role in Truman's finder learning about my search. I also met a man, Ronen, who also happens to have 3 flighted parrots in the city. We'll be keeping in touch and taking our parrots out on harnesses together. He was a major help today during the rush to get Truman home. He has posted some photos/videos he took during the recovery on his page: https://www.facebook.com/SonnyMushy
5) Truman has never had his wings clipped and never will. Although it was his wings that led him away from me, it was also his wings that kept him alive while he was gone. I don't want to get in a clipped vs flighted debate right now and will address this issue more later. But I do want to mention that Kili/Truman will not be freefying outside any time soon. This isn't because they aren't capable nor that I don't trust them. But that I had a miraculous (and unforeseen) save and would not want to have to rely on it again. Had I found Truman quickly and easily in my local community myself, I probably would laugh it off and still take the chance. But I can not rely on or burden the community like this again so I will take my good fortune with humility and stick to reliable safety measures like a harness for the foreseeable future.
6) I will be writing up the full story of the entire chain of events and what happened in coming days.
7) I will be writing a short book, "The Parrot Wizard's Guide to Finding Your Lost Parrot" which will be a collection of all the things I tried, learned, and that have been suggested to me to help anyone else that ever loses their bird get it back as well. This will be made available for FREE to the community as a thank you for all your generosity and to help others in a similar position.
Once again thank you thank you thank you! Words cannot express the relief, happiness, and gratefulness that I feel."