April 29, 2024, 08:21:27 am

Author Topic: Alternative for creative  (Read 43109 times)

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative for creative
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2014, 07:28:15 am »
I think if it were possible to do on the server (without having to get a new box and a new payment) we should do it that way to at least see if new people are interested who hadn't experienced what it was like to build with some of the best of OpticRaft before
It would have to be with a new box.

Why? As far as I understand, Opticraft is hosted on a dedicated server/VPS, not by a Minecraft Server hosting company, right?
Yes, and it is controlled by optical.
Is the original suggestion for this alternative for creative being on the smp server with use of WorldGuard not going to work?
not without some extra coding. Unless you want the ranks to never be able to play the smp portion again.

Add a rank, let ops promote and demote. People can request to be made creative or not at will. Would that work?
Yes but its not practical, every time you would get demoted the OP would have to clear your inventory. Not to mention that we only have a limited number of op's.

And hedge, this is an SMP server, we are not going to put in a rank where you can no longer play the game mode that this server is about.

What part of the original suggestion did you like? Because that pretty much was the suggestion; sacrifice ability to have money and sell at the market for creative.
If we had a way to separate inventories then it would be a great idea.
I know XzTriggerHappyzX was able to do it on his server. It worked perfectly and I don't think he needed a plugin. I could mail him and ask what he did.
you would have to have a plugin, there is no support for different inventories on different worlds.
whats wrong with adding a new plugin? sorry been away from the server for a bit and cant be bothered to read all ^that^ sorry if its already been said xD

Caanite.

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2014, 08:15:23 am »
Bad code, compatible with the other plugins that opticraft has, that sort of thing. At least, that's what I think it is.
[22:52]   OptiBot-Creative   PIXELDUDE2001: Caanite is the almighty ceo and god of the server

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2014, 08:25:31 am »
bad opticraft code? or other plugin code?

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2014, 02:17:41 pm »
This is a building community truly. But thats not the only thing we have. The need for survival puts an edge and complication on thisa. Sure, we could build/do amazing things with creative. But we can in survival and it would mean so much more, dedicating time to put together a true work of art in survival is no small feat. Look at the Hall Of Fame? would those builds mean as much if they were built in creative?

a lot of people stopped playing, most of the original crafters did too. simply for the reason they did not like creative. gathering minerals and tools is in my opinion boring and demotivational. the buildings in the creative server nowadays are, good but not huge on the scale they used to be. they are smaller and more compact. less time gathering means more time for details and size. i for one would start playing again if this idea came across, instead of the small visits i have now. and for all i know there are more that would do the same.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2014, 03:06:37 am »
This is a building community truly. But thats not the only thing we have. The need for survival puts an edge and complication on thisa. Sure, we could build/do amazing things with creative. But we can in survival and it would mean so much more, dedicating time to put together a true work of art in survival is no small feat. Look at the Hall Of Fame? would those builds mean as much if they were built in creative?

a lot of people stopped playing, most of the original crafters did too. simply for the reason they did not like creative. gathering minerals and tools is in my opinion boring and demotivational. the buildings in the creative server nowadays are, good but not huge on the scale they used to be. they are smaller and more compact. less time gathering means more time for details and size. i for one would start playing again if this idea came across, instead of the small visits i have now. and for all i know there are more that would do the same.
I take it you mean the survival server turned builders off, not creative, as we haven't ever had creative after classic
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

gameguy96

• the croperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2014, 08:58:25 pm »

I take it you mean the survival server turned builders off, not creative, as we haven't ever had creative after classic
yeah i'm a retard.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2014, 02:09:31 am »
Okay so I know our favorite reason to deny suggestions now is we don't have a dev but I think I found a way to do creative on the existing server with the addition of new building ranks and worldguard magic.  People would apply for these building ranks where they would have a new creative inventory with the world at their disposal.  However with that new found power the question arises of how to make sure people don't grab a few stacks of beacons and becomes a millionaire.

To that I crafted the idea of these building ranks not being able to sell items to the market thus sacrificing their ability to play in survival to build with an unlimited amount of blocks.  I know there is a flag for not allowing you to drop items from your inventory and there is also chest-access that can be disabled for every world.

Each world would have to be zoned to have these two flags but I'm pretty sure that makes unlimited amount of free money impossible for the player to do themselves and makes creative easy to do now without much of any work.  There could also be a new world if people don't want to build on existing things they are working on.  Specifications for the building ranks would be trusted then an applications similar to those of classic where proof of building skill would be shown.

Just to beat a dead horse
Major Igenerator

DP

gameguy96

• the croperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2014, 09:39:20 pm »

yeah thast what i ment

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2014, 11:17:54 pm »

yeah thast what i ment
I had a feeling, was just clearing it up
Major Igenerator

DP

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2014, 07:16:48 pm »
Okay so I know our favorite reason to deny suggestions now is we don't have a dev but I think I found a way to do creative on the existing server with the addition of new building ranks and worldguard magic.  People would apply for these building ranks where they would have a new creative inventory with the world at their disposal.  However with that new found power the question arises of how to make sure people don't grab a few stacks of beacons and becomes a millionaire.

To that I crafted the idea of these building ranks not being able to sell items to the market thus sacrificing their ability to play in survival to build with an unlimited amount of blocks.  I know there is a flag for not allowing you to drop items from your inventory and there is also chest-access that can be disabled for every world.

Each world would have to be zoned to have these two flags but I'm pretty sure that makes unlimited amount of free money impossible for the player to do themselves and makes creative easy to do now without much of any work.  There could also be a new world if people don't want to build on existing things they are working on.  Specifications for the building ranks would be trusted then an applications similar to those of classic where proof of building skill would be shown.

Just to beat a dead rotting horse
Seriously why can't this be attempted?
Major Igenerator

DP

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2014, 10:12:48 pm »
The problem is that opti would be heavily involved. Plus, adding new ranks for just the one creative world would greatly change what this server has been about, which is souly survival with an economic aspect. As much as I would like it, I dont want this to take away from our survulival portion.

The idea of having people build in the existing worlds in creative while regulating whether or not they can drop or place in the market would be much more difficult than a new world.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2014, 12:21:42 am »
The problem is that opti would be heavily involved. Plus, adding new ranks for just the one creative world would greatly change what this server has been about, which is souly survival with an economic aspect. As much as I would like it, I dont want this to take away from our survulival portion.

The idea of having people build in the existing worlds in creative while regulating whether or not they can drop or place in the market would be much more difficult than a new world.
Did you read the post itself?

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2014, 12:36:14 am »

If we're saying survival by itself is helping us out I think you should check this out more specifically these stats.

More than half of our total members registered over two years ago, what we're doing (nothing new) isn't showing any growth at all
Major Igenerator

DP

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2014, 12:57:59 am »
When did I ever say it was or wasn't helping? All I said is that we have been a survival server and shouldn't transition to a creative server all that much. I'm all for creative, but I don't want it to take away from our survival aspect.

Also, like I said, the reason we aren't able to do much is that opti has to be involved quite a bit.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:01:27 am by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2014, 01:00:17 am »

Just to beat a dead rotting horse
Seriously why can't this be attempted?
We are not going to permanently remove the ability to play survival on our survival server, end of story.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident