April 25, 2024, 06:12:42 am

Author Topic: Alternative for creative  (Read 43047 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative for creative
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 10:26:35 pm »
I think if it were possible to do on the server (without having to get a new box and a new payment) we should do it that way to at least see if new people are interested who hadn't experienced what it was like to build with some of the best of OpticRaft before
It would have to be with a new box.

Why? As far as I understand, Opticraft is hosted on a dedicated server/VPS, not by a Minecraft Server hosting company, right?
Yes, and it is controlled by optical.
Is the original suggestion for this alternative for creative being on the smp server with use of WorldGuard not going to work?
not without some extra coding. Unless you want the ranks to never be able to play the smp portion again.

Add a rank, let ops promote and demote. People can request to be made creative or not at will. Would that work?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 01:31:35 am »
I think if it were possible to do on the server (without having to get a new box and a new payment) we should do it that way to at least see if new people are interested who hadn't experienced what it was like to build with some of the best of OpticRaft before

Why? As far as I understand, Opticraft is hosted on a dedicated server/VPS, not by a Minecraft Server hosting company, right?
Is the original suggestion for this alternative for creative being on the smp server with use of WorldGuard not going to work?
not without some extra coding. Unless you want the ranks to never be able to play the smp portion again.

Add a rank, let ops promote and demote. People can request to be made creative or not at will. Would that work?
Yes but its not practical, every time you would get demoted the OP would have to clear your inventory. Not to mention that we only have a limited number of op's.

And hedge, this is an SMP server, we are not going to put in a rank where you can no longer play the game mode that this server is about.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2014, 02:14:13 am »
We are gonna pretend this isn't a building community?
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2014, 03:08:42 am »
This is a building community truly. But thats not the only thing we have. The need for survival puts an edge and complication on thisa. Sure, we could build/do amazing things with creative. But we can in survival and it would mean so much more, dedicating time to put together a true work of art in survival is no small feat. Look at the Hall Of Fame? would those builds mean as much if they were built in creative?
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2014, 03:16:35 am »
The things in the hall of fame are there because of the talent of the builder, adding creative is giving these extremely talented people the ability to create that quality of excellence daily
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2014, 06:44:18 am »

Yes but its not practical, every time you would get demoted the OP would have to clear your inventory. Not to mention that we only have a limited number of op's.

And hedge, this is an SMP server, we are not going to put in a rank where you can no longer play the game mode that this server is about.

you can use buttons and command blocks to clear peoples inventories and set them to gamemode 0, so no OP has to be involved in that.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2014, 08:34:59 am »

you can use buttons and command blocks to clear peoples inventories and set them to gamemode 0, so no OP has to be involved in that.

Command blocks and buttons are a bad idea, but I believe all this could wll be done with BetterAlias (Which as far as I know, we have).

However, it wouldn't be possible to put some kind of "Are you sure?" gate in, to prevent people accidentally loosing their stuff.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2014, 12:11:23 pm »

command blocks are completely disabled on the server

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2014, 01:42:45 pm »

command blocks are completely disabled on the server
Command blocks aren't used since they can be very glitchy making them unreliable.

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2014, 02:55:10 pm »
Those Quote boxes, though

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2014, 02:40:58 am »
Please someone find a way to make this work!!!!!!11

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2014, 01:14:35 am »

What part of the original suggestion did you like? Because that pretty much was the suggestion; sacrifice ability to have money and sell at the market for creative.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2014, 01:49:29 am »

What part of the original suggestion did you like? Because that pretty much was the suggestion; sacrifice ability to have money and sell at the market for creative.
If we had a way to separate inventories then it would be a great idea.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2014, 03:16:46 am »

I know XzTriggerHappyzX was able to do it on his server. It worked perfectly and I don't think he needed a plugin. I could mail him and ask what he did.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2014, 01:51:09 pm »

I know XzTriggerHappyzX was able to do it on his server. It worked perfectly and I don't think he needed a plugin. I could mail him and ask what he did.
you would have to have a plugin, there is no support for different inventories on different worlds.