April 29, 2024, 02:17:29 am

Author Topic: Some questions about City Protection/Hall Of Fame  (Read 2562 times)

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
Some questions about City Protection/Hall Of Fame
« on: April 07, 2014, 10:39:26 pm »
Alright, so I have been having some questions that have been rattling in the back of my head. I will list them here. (Most of the questions will be staff questions!)
Key:
CP= City Protection
HOF= Hall Of Fame

1. Can a CP have multiple welcome messages, example: 1 Huge area split into three regions.
2. In a HOF occasion, can you have a central point with multiple warp signs? Example: (I will use my own city as an example) Let's say if I wanted to take my huge region of Gorland...Since it is split into 3 cities due to rivers/lake, Is it possible for a /warp sign to go to a central point where all 3 cities can be seen with signs that point towards there direction with /warps for each city?
3. (Kinda odd but) What is the list of flags players can ask to change?
4. For HOF (More of a suggestion) But maybe in the future, will players be able to build there own mini structure in the HOF slot? Just a neat idea since they did put all the hard work in, It would feel more rewarding.

Thanks for reading, and if you answer I will really appreciate it.
-Gogar72

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions about City Protection/Hall Of Fame
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:58:41 pm »
--All these are just what I believe, not checked with an admin (Whose decision it would actually fall down to)--

1. No - Unless the admins will allow you to have 3 separate zones. But that's a lot of work for both them, and you if you want to add a player.

2. Very unlikely

3. Anything sensible, as far as I know. Mob spawns are fine, invincibility is not.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:32:36 am »
1) it's actually extremely easy to do this with world guard you just need to define the regions, which really isn't much work at all just some flying or teleporting around and repeating the same command to define its boundaries. you create one main region and in your case 3 inner regions then set the 3 inner regions parent to the main region and it eliminates the hassle of having to set everything up for each region as the child regions adopt the rules of the parent, then you'd just switch the welcome messages for the 3 inner regions. I'm sure our lovely admins already know about it but here's the command for reference setting a parent region

2) again extremely easy to do, but ima have to agree with claw, it's very unlikely. mostly because i doubt the admins want warp signs scattered all over the world at various builds but hey it's up to them whether or not they're willing to do it.

3)here's a list of all the flags im sure you can use common sense to filter out which ones they probably wont allow, but it doesn't hurt to ask about a specific one

4) can't say definitively cuz it's not my call, but it's been my experience that there's a large trust issue with allowing people to build in protected regions such as these, not to mention the argument of whether or not you'll be using your own materials or be given stuff since it's technically a server build not a player build... it just gets iffy. pretty much if the admins think they can trust you they "may" let you do it, wait for them to respond.

pretty much all of these things are possible to do in a relatively easy manner, the real underlying question is if one of the admins is willing to do it for you given they're the only ones capable of doing so.

your best bet is to just ask nick. i'd say ask tobs but he'll prolly just ask nick anyway cuz well seniority....
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:36:20 am by tiggy26668 »
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:41:40 am »
1. This just requires too much work from us.
2. We do not want to spam the server with warps, remember that a warp sign has to have an existing warp point, so any warp you can get to with a sign you can get to by using the command.
3. See tiggys post
4. Hedge usually just builds them because he made thr HOF build and we dont want to have to add other people to that zone.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 12:43:45 am »
Alright thanks, covers up a lot for the future builds.