April 23, 2024, 08:29:28 pm

Author Topic: Build me a computer  (Read 8320 times)

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Re: Build me a computer
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 02:01:50 am »
Just saying, Minecraft is run almost 90% off of the CPU, not GPU. I do know salsa plays Minecraft a lot, so I got him a CPU based-build.

I'm sorry I didn't clarify, I mean to play much more than Minecraft.

Important question is, are macros any use outside of mmorpg games?

So far I'm leaning toward a kind of hybrid build, like 75% Chip and 25% Nick
I use macros a lot, though not for things in-game. Mine are set to copy/paste, volume up/down, and undo/redo. I use the thumb buttons on my mouse more.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 04:18:01 am »
Some news:
Dad says he has a 500 GB hard drive, plus I currently have two old WD Caviar 80 GB HDDs right now, so I can easily do with 760 GB for now.

I am literally using my phone's flashlight to look inside while typing this on it so yeah, hopefully I can get fully detailed specs of what I have now. Also, CPU cooling doesn't seem to be an issue because I have plenty of that (if the new CPU comes with fan and heatsinks that will make three for me, plus a huge fan on the case) this case was built with CPU cooling in mind so yeah. And if you were wondering the exact amount of hard drives I can fit, I am looking at a total of around 8
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 04:21:31 am by SalsaInABowl »
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 11:38:40 am »
Some news:
Dad says he has a 500 GB hard drive, plus I currently have two old WD Caviar 80 GB HDDs right now, so I can easily do with 760 GB for now.

I am literally using my phone's flashlight to look inside while typing this on it so yeah, hopefully I can get fully detailed specs of what I have now. Also, CPU cooling doesn't seem to be an issue because I have plenty of that (if the new CPU comes with fan and heatsinks that will make three for me, plus a huge fan on the case) this case was built with CPU cooling in mind so yeah. And if you were wondering the exact amount of hard drives I can fit, I am looking at a total of around 8
Im guessing the CPU coolers you have wont work with current CPUs, but you can use the stock cooler. Also make sure your case is still going to be compatible with modern standards if you want things like front USB3.0. Also the old HDDs may be a the end of their life or just really slow so I would look into that.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 09:07:43 pm »
What are some advantages of USB 3.0? And what modern standards are in today's cases?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 09:11:08 pm »
What are some advantages of USB 3.0? And what modern standards are in today's cases?
usb 3.0 is faster but the standard is still USB 2.0. Not too many devices can take advantage of 3.0 yet and I wouldn't worry about getting 3.0
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 09:51:12 pm »
Here