April 19, 2024, 03:42:24 pm

Author Topic: Building a computer  (Read 3135 times)

whatmyname

• View Profile
Building a computer
« on: February 23, 2014, 03:47:47 am »
Howdily doodily guys! I came here because I want your suggestions on building a gaming PC.

In this PC I want to run Minecraft with a shader pack at a good constant fps. Like 60 FPS or so. I am new to building computers and don't know stuff but I want to know if I am building it right so I don't waste money and what not.

Here is a link to the parts I hope to use. Could these run Minecraft at 60+ FPS with shaders?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2YmRe
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:43:14 am by whatmyname »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Building a computer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 06:50:20 am »
If it's not a MacBook then it will most likely do it.

Now that I have actually looked at the parts, damn you are really underestimating this thing. Expect much, MUCH higher than 60 fps.

(Think like 300, considering a 2GB graphics card with a 3.5GHz processor and 8GB of RAM, although RAM doesn't do too much. #1 rule of building computers: If you can spend a little more money on something, make it the graphics card)
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

whatmyname

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 07:13:56 am »
Awesome! :) Is there anything I could change though to make it cheaper but still run as good as you say it could?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 07:37:23 am »
Looks good.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

whatmyname

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 07:48:06 am »
Okay now I'm thinking about if I should get the one that I can build myself, or get this one which is already built; costs less so it's more money to spend on other things; and it's next day delivery. Which one should I get?

Link to other PC: http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming+Range/Next+Day+Gaming+PCs/GLADIATOR+GT+640+Intel+G3220+Haswell+3.00GHz+Dual-Core+Next+Day+Gaming+PC+?productId=57475

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 07:56:32 am »
Okay now I'm thinking about if I should get the one that I can build myself, or get this one which is already built; costs less so it's more money to spend on other things; and it's next day delivery. Which one should I get?

Link to other PC: http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming+Range/Next+Day+Gaming+PCs/GLADIATOR+GT+640+Intel+G3220+Haswell+3.00GHz+Dual-Core+Next+Day+Gaming+PC+?productId=57475
That PC is literally garbage. It might have been good 4 years ago. Might.

I refined your list a little, I changed the processor to a FX-6300. Most programs wont be utilizing the two extra cores anyways, but you can always change it back. I would also STRONGLY recommend Windows 8 over Windows 7. I've had both, I didnt like the UI at first but it grows on you a lot. I upgraded the graphics card to a 760 which will perform much better than a 660. I also swapped the case to one that I own and I like a lot. Its pretty cheap and overall this build is cheaper and should perform better.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2YscK

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 08:00:04 am »
If you want to save a tad bit of money and don't plan on overclocking your CPU, the stock cooler will work fine
edit: along with the money you can save from that cooler, I recommend the FX-8350 over the 8320, it's an extra .5 ghz and only costs a tad bit more counting the saving from the cooler
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:01:44 am by LIEKABOWSE »

whatmyname

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 08:03:49 am »
Thank-you all a bunch, I think a mod or someone can close this now because I am going to use Chipaton's PC. Thank-you all once again. :)

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 08:05:54 am »
Thank-you all a bunch, I think a mod or someone can close this now because I am going to use Chipaton's PC. Thank-you all once again. :)
woot woot