May 01, 2024, 10:50:33 am

Author Topic: My Ban Appeal.  (Read 1353 times)

icooliam

• I'm on Skype add me my name is icooliam
    • View Profile
My Ban Appeal.
« on: January 24, 2014, 08:10:12 pm »
My complete list of bans: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=icooliam

Hi, I'm icooliam and I realize that I was caught advertising my server, I'm not going to make some excuse like "it was my friend" because I don't want to lie. I asked my close friends on the server discreetly (with signs) if they would like to join my server, I have two reasons for writing it on signs, number one is that I didn't want Tobs finding out (for obvious reasons) and number two I know how annoying it is when a player types and iP into the global chat, I have my own problems of people doing that on my own server, and besides I only wanted my friends on for now.

I enjoy Opticraft and play regularly and I have many friends, I have been playing for well over a year now and enjoy every day I play. I understand that this is my fifth ban and that it will probably be banned perm, but please look at my other bans as I know at least one was discussed with staff and said that I shouldn't of been banned. This ban that was discussed was about a grief trap that looked similar to a NPC desert well, I thought it was one and so griefed.

I'm not going to beg endlessly for an unban as I understand I have disobeyed the rules quite a few times now and that the decision is up to you, please give me one last chance as I do really really enjoy this server and I do not want to never be able to come back on, thanks for reading,

icooliam.
Visit Towona (my town) now using /home icooliam

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: My Ban Appeal.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:26:40 pm »
It's made very clear in the rules that you cannot advertise and you know full well that you shouldn't have advertised, be it in global, local or or signs. We wont come on your server asking people to come here, so why should you do that here?

Considering the some of the other bans are petty and were a while ago I will reduce your ban. Remember, you wont get another chance so don't go out of your way to try and get past the rules.

icooliam

• I'm on Skype add me my name is icooliam
    • View Profile
Re: My Ban Appeal.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 08:35:17 pm »
Thanks Tobs, your the best  :D!
Visit Towona (my town) now using /home icooliam