March 29, 2024, 01:18:49 am

Poll

Choose your favorite name for the Kingdom

Reich des Schicksals
Kingdom of Cydonia
Königreich von Cydonia
Ingis Valley
Reich aloindra

Author Topic: Medieval Town  (Read 41293 times)

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
Re: Medieval Town
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2014, 05:44:31 am »
==UPDATE==
-Two dear friends of super and I- WaterDaOtter and mobslayer8- have joined the group
-Clearing has been successful- all mountains and hills completely leveled
-Walls on expansion have been started, nearing completion, hopefully we'll be done tonight
Live Map
-Name has been chosen for the kingdom.  The winner of the voting was Ingis valley, but in order to stick with the whole German Medieval theme, we altered it a bit to Reich Tal Ingis, meaning Kingdom of Ingis Valley
-View Reich Tal Ingis ingame at /home FIREBALL4801 castle

Thanks to toppkatt123 and hunt12erfor helping clear land!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 06:16:51 am by FIREBALL4801 »

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2014, 11:35:04 pm »
--==Major Update==--

We've moved.  It's been more than two months since this page was updated, and a lot has happened.  We decided that the previous attempt was just plain awful.  We had no planning involved, and made it right next to the world border which looked awful.  So, we moved the location to the new member world:
New Reich Tal Ingis Location
The walls/location aren't quite finished yet.  We have a little to go on one of the walls, as well as adding an entrance and changing the exterior appearance to this
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
super497, Kurdman899, and I have been hard at work designing new buildings to add to the space (as well as keeping some of the old)
Here are some of the builds we've decided to put in:
Town Hall (me):
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Inn with market (me):
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Random peasant houses (Kurdman899):
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Peasant fishing hut (Kurdmann899):
(click to show/hide)
super497 is hard at work designing a castle to put into the walls.  We have planned that inside the walls will consist of the castle and a few other key buildings, as well as homes for Elite (homes for purchase).  Then there will be a trail leading from the entrance to a peasant village a little ways off.  This will include a mill, granary, primitive blacksmith's, barn, watch towers, bell tower, and a bunch of peasant homes as above (may or may not be for sale); we are also going to attempt a palisade wall:
(click to show/hide)
around at least part of this peasant village.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2014, 11:52:37 pm »
These are really looking good, just wondering, is there anyway I could hop in this build to help out?

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2014, 11:53:46 pm »
These are really looking good, just wondering, is there anyway I could hop in this build to help out?
As much as I appreciate the offer, we've wanted to keep this project just between us :P sorry

whatmyname

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2014, 10:12:47 am »
A fantastic build that you've clearly dedicated time to! I hope this can eventually be open to the public so that we can all take a look around at some point. :) If you need any donations I will be sure to gather something together. Keep going with this anyway, another exquisite build by Fireball!

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2014, 12:09:58 am »
--==MAJOR UPDATE==--

The new location is finally blocked off.  After taking a long leave, Emily and I went to work and finished the new walls in a matter of days.  Come to /home Fireball4801 Talingis (for Reich Tal Ingis) to view this new location.  It is still just a completely flat 200x200 space, but you may come look at the new location as well as run along the walls and up and down the pillars.  Once Emily (super497) returns from camp, we're going to get started on the castle, which involves walling off a bit of the inside, from two mid pillars on the walls.  Once this is complete, the actual kingdom buidings will be started, moving old ones from the last location as well as making new ones (see previous post).  Once this building starts, we could really use the support in getting City Protection.  As always, donations to this project are greatly appreciated.
Big help to both Zeradeth_ and TheWholeLoaf for assisting in the completion of these walls

Live Map
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:13:19 pm by FIREBALL4801 »

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2014, 04:09:40 pm »
Update:

We've begun clearing a bit more of the land around the walls, removing the giant cliffs and drop offs to make it seem more natural, and a whole lot easier on the eyes.  I'm hoping to finish this by Friday, as most of the surrounding area has no hills/mountains to clear, though the sections that do are expansive and very tall.  Anyone who helps out can either be paid accordingly, or be formally thanked on the forums once it's done, and have their name on a plaque once the kingdom is finished.  Message me ingame if you have interests in helping us out.  Hope to see you there!

Thanks to sterlingsinger and isabella1366 for helping out already!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2014, 09:39:47 pm »
Hm maybe make the kingdom inside in the shape of fire? I guess it's hard to explain I'll talk to you

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2014, 04:35:34 am »
Update:

We cleared much of the surrounding land, making a natural-like transition between the flat land just around the walls and the instant drops and cliffs right beyond that.  Also, we made a strange looking formation on one of the hills, of which will be explained later in this project.  There is still more to be done- tomorrow.  Anyone willing to help me, message me in game for details on how to assist the build.

Major thanks to sterlingsinger, isabella1633, and HarrytheGuerilla for helping a whole lot in this phase!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:38:58 pm by FIREBALL4801 »

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 08:32:05 pm »
Update:

We finished the naturalization of the surrounding landscape, making a gradual transition from the cleared area of the kingdom to the hills of the surrounding landscape.  Thanks so much to all that helped me accomplish this laborious goal three days before I expected to, however most of the thanks goes to sterlingsinger for helping me out every day without arguments or complaining.  Once Emily returns from her camp on Friday, the two of us will begin construction on the castle, and once that is finished, the rest of the town.  The project is back on schedule.

Live Map

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2014, 03:16:26 am »
--==Major Update==--

I was going to put pictures along with this update- I have plenty of awesome ones of builds Emily and I have been working on the past few days.  I'll tell you what there is, but I suppose you'll have to wait till they're constructed on here to see exactly what they look like :D We made:
-Barracks: to go inside the kingdom walls, equipped with training yard, research room, and living space
-Duke's Fort: to go somewhere in the peasant village, it is a mini castle for the duke of that village, the equivalent of the castle to the main kingdom
-Mage's Tower: to go somewhere either inside the castle's walls or the kingdom's walls, a very tall and slender build with five circular rooms at the top
-Tavern: a rather large build in an L shape, a fancy bar to go either in the kingdom or peasant village, undecided for the time being

Emily and I completed the pillars, entrance, and the exterior design of the walls for the castle's second defense inside the kingdom's walls.  The blocked off space takes up approximately a quarter of the kingdom, allowing for a very large castle and an even larger community inside.  While she finishes the last few parts of the inner walls and continues planning the castle, I will begin to transfer my planned builds from the plan site to the kingdom, starting with some of the housing in one corner, leading to the marketplace/inn in one of the front corners (middle of community's L shape), barracks near the castle's entrance, and whatever else in the other corner.  The majority of the housing will be in the peasant village, with elite housing and options inside the kingdom.  Thanks for all the support everyone, once a few of the builds are in we could use a bit more in getting City Protection for it :D

Live Map
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:06:37 pm by FIREBALL4801 »

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2014, 12:58:29 am »
Applied for Project Protection, fingers crossed

As an update, emily started construction on our castle, and I transfered the market place and tavern into the build, as well as creating a bordering pathway and nice entrance to the castle's section.  Hope you guys support us with protection!

Thanks to xNuzzy for donating
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:12:11 am by FIREBALL4801 »

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 02:53:46 am »
Update:

We've worked more on the actual castle, as you can see the throne/ball room's floor has been completed, as well as the front entry and start of the kitchen/pillar.  We started the living section, adding houses and inns to the back left corner of the kingdom.  In the front right section, we added barracks, an archery post, and stables.
Thanks for those who've supported and donated!

Live Map

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2014, 04:20:09 am »
Update:

We've constructed many more buildings in the residential area, after yet another long "break".  We lowered a section by a bit, making it look more unique and not just a constant flat, and added housing and a greenhouse inside of it.  These will be able to be claimed when the kingdom is eventually complete.  The live map has not updated recently, but in the hope that it soon does:

Live Map

If it hasn't still, the home has not changed, go to /home fireball4801 talingis
The place is completely public, and every door is accessible.  You may run and explore anywhere within the kingdom's boundaries, our only request is you do not break any blocks.  Thanks for everyone's support!

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 03:42:50 am »
Update:

Finished residential area of the kingdom, consists of around 30-35 homes that will be available for purchase.  Sizes range from very very small to very large, prices will change accordingly of course.  In the market/military district, we are currently moving the tavern closer to the path, since there was way too much room in between.  The inn/food market will remain how they are, minus a new roof item replacement to fit the rest of the kingdom.  We will re-arrange the military buildings (barracks, archer training, and stables) to a more distinguished location, and fill the gaps with more market-like builds.  The corner of the kingjavascript:void(0);dom adjacent to the residential and market/military districts will consist of a church, as well as a few unknown builds.  We plan in the future to finish the castle (duh right) and create a Royal graveyard and garden.  Thanks for all those who've supported us thus far!

Live map's broken for now, so here's an aerial view thanks to TheWholeLoaf:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:07:07 am by FIREBALL4801 »