April 18, 2024, 05:52:16 am

Author Topic: Moderator Application - DJAlphaWolf  (Read 3078 times)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Moderator Application - DJAlphaWolf
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:27:48 am »
Timezone: CST (UTC/GMT -6)
Join Date: SMP: in mid-february 2011. Forum: December 15, 2011
Were you recommended by anyone?: Zeradeth_
Why you should become a moderator: Today marks 6 months since I have resigned from my moderator position. I had decided then to resign for reason of fairness. I was going to be inactive a bit that summer and I needed some time to figure out things. I thought it would be unfair to be an inactive mod when so many others are rejected each mod app season, just hoping they could fill in my shoes. So I gave up my role. By several weeks, I had taken care of most of the things that were on my mind. It was a much shorter period of time than I had anticipated but perhaps it was because my mind over exaggerated what I needed to take care of. Nevertheless, I got my priorities and plans sorted out since then. I shall not delve into the details of these priorities, however.

Recently, after again adjusting my college schedule and deciding what to do in each section of free time I have per day, I have chosen to allow myself time for video games. I have recently found renewed interest in Minecraft and less interest in other games. Thus I have once again returned to my favorite community, Opticraft. With this mod app, though I have been back for a bit now, I also officially announce my return to Opticraft.

I consider myself a qualified and useful asset to the team, given my past experience as a moderator and other past staff occupations on other servers (including Opticraft Classic OP). However, I also respect that I do not know everything and like many students are compared to their teachers, I still have much to learn. Nevertheless, I do believe I can handle a position as important as Moderator. In my time, I had managed to 'learn the ropes' and assist my fellow players with tools I never had access to. I always handled my job maturely and while I do joke from time to time, I always know my limits and how to separate my professional feelings from my personal feelings. I am naturally a "talker" and therefore I enjoy talking with players to make sure they are both happy and welcome to our server. It must be noted that I am a man of "3 chances". No matter the offense, I always tried to approach a player as calmly as possible and gave them a chance to redeem themselves before giving them the ultimate punishment. However, I also know that some crimes are too far gone to "redeem" and I am definitely willing to give the ultimate punishment then. Thus, I believe I know when to be dedicated, responsible and mature when it comes to handling my job.

To address my previous lack of activity, I must say that every gamer eventually shifts in both their responsibilities and their interests. I had both lost interest in Minecraft as well as had to take care of things at home. I thought it would be best for myself to take a little break from it all. Every year, I realize that I give myself one month without Minecraft to simply take a break. I always tell myself I'm becoming a better person every day when I focus on my priorities. But everyone needs to relax sometimes as well and I have managed to find time every day to play on Minecraft.

Since my return, I am quite happy to be reunited with my community and my old friends. This community was the very first community I ever knew. It is this community with which I discovered the joys of Minecraft Multiplayer. And as always, it would be an honor and a privilege to work with Opticraft's dedicated staff team once again to assist the players of the community that defined my Minecraft experiences. No matter the outcome of my app, I will nevertheless be both a player and a helper to all those who have yet to be a part of the Opticraft experience.

And as is my sign-off on each of my applications, I hope to go above and beyond in the line of Moderator duties.

Extra Details:My play times vary but as always, I probably end up popping up at random times throughout the day. My schedule is pretty much flexible as of now (give or take a few things to take care of now and then) but it won't change too drastically next semester. I usually fill in the late night time slot, when most people sleep, but do not worry, I don't deprive myself of sleep.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
Re: Moderator Application - DJAlphaWolf
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 12:29:39 am »
glad your applying. Hope you make it buddy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:31:46 am by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 12:30:15 am »
Nice application! You have my full support. You are very nice and fun to talk to. Good luck!

ZazzMaster

• Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 12:39:33 am »
Good luck
The ZazzMaster

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 12:47:56 am »
Your application is very well written. You were an outstanding moderator before, and I hope u get ur position back. You definitely have my support! Good luck!!
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:03:20 am »
Best of luck to you DJ!
You make choices in life and you don't look back

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 01:32:57 am »
Supported, good luck with your app (:

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 06:08:55 am »
Supported!

ModernCreator.

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 11:05:00 am »
Gl, great player, very loyal to the community of opticraft, supported heaps :)

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 11:49:52 am »
Supported
Im back.... I think

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 11:55:54 am »
An outstanding mod before, best of luck dj.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 03:24:52 pm »
I also officially announce my return to Opticraft.

I clapped here.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.