April 25, 2024, 08:49:43 am

Author Topic: Fishing Tournament {after 1.7 bukkit release}  (Read 3773 times)

SummonBaka

• View Profile
Fishing Tournament {after 1.7 bukkit release}
« on: November 21, 2013, 08:18:58 pm »
I talked about it in-game, but it's been a while and bukkit is still progressing towards its 1.7 update. So before I forget about it I'll post it here.

The 1.7 update has updated some fishing mechanics so now we can fish not only the generic fish but also pufferfish, salmon, treasure, etc. With this in mind and with the 1.7 update and new world coming i was thinking we should make a fishing tourney (and some other festivities) for the upcoming upgrade.

Rules and Scoring system
I haven't thought much about how to grade the different tiers, but I'll put it here as i go. Firstly, the tournament will be at least 30min long and everything you catch within this time will count towards your score. After some time or at the end of the tourney, you'll put your catch in the chest provided where two (or more) judges will take note of your catch. For score grading, I was thinking that with enough people, fish and treasure could be graded by catching rarity and give a point to each rarity tier to be decided after the tourney finished. (At least, that's the easiest way to do. But it will take time to grade everyone)

Place
The place is not yet decided, but i was thinking that either my normal /home (taking the cacti off) or a temp home at my torii would work as both are surrounded by ocean. If it rains, i'd go for the torii area. Otherwise at my /home. I'm open to suggestions so if you've got an uber fishing place post it here or send me a msg in-game.

Date
As Bukkit hasn't released their ETA i can't say when this is going to happen, but for now I think that the weekend after it releases (minimum 5 days after release) is good so the new-world-frenzy is over and for me to prepare some 1.7 related prizes.

Prizes
Most prizes will be, of course, fishing related. I'll put some enchanted fishing rods for the first, second, and third (depending on participation, maybe even further down).
Another thing i was thinking about is that we could make it in scoring order to have a pick of the pool of everyone's catch. So first picks one/two items, then second, third, etc. This way even low scoring people can get some of the new stuff and not just go back with empty hands.
Or it could be just to take back what you caught. I want some opinions on this area.

Looking for Judges
As i mentioned before, I'll need at least one more person to judge and help with the tournament. Preferably a mod or a trusted member. If you're interested, please post your application here. :)

There are many things that might have to be decided by everyone so please post your opinions or another ideas you might have. :)

Thanks for reading!

ModernCreator.

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing Tournament {after 1.7 bukkit release}
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 07:38:53 am »
Hi,

IGN: king_prankstar
Why u want to be a Judge: I have experience in IRL fishing so i pretty much know everything about ti ;)

Thx for reading!

Ps. Love the idea

Thx
King