March 29, 2024, 03:17:20 pm

Author Topic: Some ways to speed up Minecraft or any other games!  (Read 6171 times)

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
Some ways to speed up Minecraft or any other games!
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:17:34 pm »
Well... I have a few suggestions on how to "quicken" up your Minecraft!

1. Optifine
     I think most of you people already know this, but Optifine can increase your FPS by quite a lot

Link to forums post: here
Link to website: here

2. Razer Game Booster
     This is a software that disables useless features of your computer while you are gaming, so you can extract the max from your gaming experience. This probably works for all games!

Link to website: here

3. Allocate more memory to Minecraft

Go to "Edit Profile"
Check "JVM Arguments"
Change the number based on your computer's RAM

(Be careful not to allocate all of it! Your PC still needs to do other things!)

More coming soon...
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

jacobthebest1

• View Profile
Re: Some ways to speed up Minecraft or any other games!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:24:20 pm »
How much ram do you recommend for minecraft?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 06:05:06 pm »
How much ram do you recommend for minecraft?

Depends what you're doing.
For normal playing, with no mods, 1gb is generally enough.
For playing with large scale redstone/many entities/Amplified world/etc. go for 2-4gb
For playing things like Feed The Beast, or other large scale modpacks, I'd go for 4.

But as I said, it all depends on your computer, where/what you're doing, what texture pack you're using, how many people are near you and more.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
  • Previously goalieguy60, ^^ thats me
    • View Profile
    • My youtube.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 07:10:38 pm »
Well really, texture packs/resource packs won't make you lag much. Only if you get to 128x128 will you start to experience any sort of framerate drop.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 09:36:38 pm »
Well really, texture packs/resource packs won't make you lag much. Only if you get to 128x128 will you start to experience any sort of framerate drop.

I play on a very lightweight (and old, upgrading sometime soon) laptop, 64*64 can make me lag. It all depends on the player.

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 10:44:37 pm »
Just a note that I might add to the post, although I need some confirmation on this:

If you are going to allocate more memory to Minecraft, you don't really need much more than 512 mb, unless you run some hardcore mod that poops lag. Probably at most 1GB of RAM allocated is enough.
Also, try not to allocate more than half of your computer's total RAM.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

albertjames

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 01:30:42 am »
The only possible way to deal with such kind of lag is to add hardware and software capacity of your system. You should get a better Graphic Card and download Reginout to sort out this issue. A powerful system should be less laggy and one can enjoy gmaes much more.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 03:43:39 am »
The only possible way to deal with such kind of lag is to add hardware and software capacity of your system. You should get a better Graphic Card and download Reginout to sort out this issue. A powerful system should be less laggy and one can enjoy gmaes much more.

Actually I've heard Minecraft was a game that depends more on the CPU than the GPU unlike other games, but I could be wrong. Not that getting a better graphics card isn't a good idea, because in reality it's probably the easiest (not including having to pay money) way to increase FPS in any game.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 06:01:11 pm »
Graphics card won't help for shit unless you're running shaders or mods of that sort. Also, quick note, you can only allocate more than 1 gigabyte to minecraft (or any java program) if you're running a 64 bit OS and a 64 bit java. And when allocating you don't have to put the MB count, but rather this kind of thing:
Code: [Select]
-XmX3G -Xms2G