April 28, 2024, 05:14:39 am

Author Topic: Market Update  (Read 54659 times)

Skittcat

• View Profile
Re: Market Update
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2013, 09:01:05 pm »
It's just a damn shame for those who are affected by this.
Those affected by this quite simply set themselves up. If I were you, I'd stop arguing; and unless you can come up with a 110% legitimate reason this shouldn't continue, stop instigating this debate since it's clearly not going anywhere.

Coming from someone who is probably most effected by this, I'm gonna have to agree with Moses. We really did set ourselves up.

Also coming from someone most effected by this, It's a good decision. I love Opti's economy and want to see it remain; this move is a hard choice, but the right choice to see that the economy remains. Whether or not the economy was the point of the server or not, it has become deeply ingrained into it and is a very important part of many of the players decision to play here. Therefore, if removing ingots will help preserve that, then it is a good move.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2013, 01:28:12 am »
I say we adopt girlluvzermac's idea the was talking to me about the other day.

Elaborate.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2013, 01:58:42 am »
Sheesh, this is becoming as hectic as when the melons and pumpkins were removed, if not less.
Lando, if you mean no offense, you should probably learn to keep your thoughts to yourself. Reading all that made me offended by the attitude towards the actions that have been made. And all those smiles, winks, and cheesy smiles really got on my nerves… It really doesn't help me think you mean at all "no offense"

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2013, 02:09:40 am »
No point in continuing this arguement. Even if the community agreed with you, Nick's mind won't change. Bythe looks of it, more people agree with Nick, then those who don't. The majority consensus agrees with Nick.

As much you want this to be a democracy, it never was and it never will be. The people will influence our decisions maybe but they won't have the final decision. In this government, admins/owner make the rules they deem fit for our server. And they have every right and reason to do so.

I see no further reason for arguement. Someone lock this.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2013, 02:19:00 am »
This will remain open to prevent creation of new topics about this on the forums.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2013, 05:53:48 am »
I should add that those of us who spent a ton of hours and moneys making our farms did not set ourselves up for this. Rather, Nick set us up for this.

Ok, lets look at melons and pumpkins. They got out of hand. They were removed from the market...

Cacti... removed from market slightly before it got out of hand, but it was expected to get out of hand. Removed.

Hmm... What is the next farmable thing to move to... Sugarcane? Nah. Too cheap in the market. Only remaining thing is iron and gold. History showed that the farming of the other things were getting out of hand. Twice. So why were gold and iron ingots left in the marketplace when it was obvious that they'd be the next big farmed thing? We weren't setting ourselves up for this. The admins did. They waited until we put tons of effort into these farms, and now the items are being taken out of the market. This wouldn't be a big deal if iron and gold ingots were removed from the very start when it's obvious that people would move to farming them. And of course, this decisions so thinks of the player, right? Nah. More like the staff just doing what they want.

Best griefer name ^

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2013, 06:45:02 am »
Welcome back Chief. =)

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2013, 08:07:41 am »
I should add that those of us who spent a ton of hours and moneys making our farms did not set ourselves up for this. Rather, Nick set us up for this.

Ok, lets look at melons and pumpkins. They got out of hand. They were removed from the market...

Cacti... removed from market slightly before it got out of hand, but it was expected to get out of hand. Removed.

Hmm... What is the next farmable thing to move to... Sugarcane? Nah. Too cheap in the market. Only remaining thing is iron and gold. History showed that the farming of the other things were getting out of hand. Twice. So why were gold and iron ingots left in the marketplace when it was obvious that they'd be the next big farmed thing? We weren't setting ourselves up for this. The admins did. They waited until we put tons of effort into these farms, and now the items are being taken out of the market. This wouldn't be a big deal if iron and gold ingots were removed from the very start when it's obvious that people would move to farming them. And of course, this decisions so thinks of the player, right? Nah. More like the staff just doing what they want.

Wait, you knew that gold and silver would be removed from the market. Like you said, history showed that since it happened twice in past that they'd be removed eventually due to farming.
So you, knowing full well that gold and silver will one day be removed, still put in tons of hours and a lot of money into the farms, despite knowing they'd be removed... That's not the staff's fault.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:01 am »
Sheesh, this is becoming as hectic as when the melons and pumpkins were removed, if not less.
Lando, if you mean no offense, you should probably learn to keep your thoughts to yourself. Reading all that made me offended by the attitude towards the actions that have been made. And all those smiles, winks, and cheesy smiles really got on my nerves… It really doesn't help me think you mean at all "no offense"

Well, Sonic, to be honest, although it doesn't concern me personally, I'm quite pissed about the whole situation now.
Learn to keep my thoughts to myself? Who the hell are you to say that?
I have the right to share my opinion about the whole thing and I did, nothing more.

I said no offence.....and you make it personal.
I was already done with this topic but you pull me back in!

All I did was share my opinion and suddenly I get a load of criticism. Nothing bad at all, I can handle criticism and I think I replied in an appropriate manner. But then you replied completely offtopic and in a very personal way.
You are out of line!

Please stay on topic.

I'd even prefer it if this would be locked.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:01:11 am by Lando_V »

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2013, 09:33:19 am »
Let's keep this civilised.

Yes, a decision has been made. Yes, it's final.

Raging or complaining about it won't help.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2013, 10:14:34 am »

Felix

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2013, 12:10:14 pm »
I'm only going to comment on the responses by Lando_V on my previous post in this thread and only directly answer those points addressed to me and not the rest - I will try to keep my responses brief where possible and try not to bore everyone to death in the process - and of course mainly 'cos I cba with the responding to the rest of the post!

(click to show/hide)
As you may have noticed, I have been inactive for a while.
I decided to leave Opticraft for a few reasons.
Goodbye & Good luck in all your endeavours!

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2013, 02:04:27 pm »
Nick set us up
Cute, but he really didn't. We (aka staff/"the problem") litteraly watched as dozens of you built ridiculous, ugly, fun-ruining, golem-murdering farms to make money. Which basically made the whole point of the market go to complete shit. Idk the exact numbers but you know youd make hundreds upon thousands of dollars a day by making the iron farm just to brag about how your high you are on baltop. Which isnt the point of the game in the slightest bit.
IG - @oem_moses

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2013, 02:36:47 pm »

This is funny because you say that I set you up for this, as if i knew the farms would get this big. We did not, you may be able to see into the future chief, but we cannot. Trust me, i've tried and failed every time.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2013, 03:52:43 pm »
I would like to ask:

Does anyone on opticraft use an iron farm but then spend the money they make from it on blocks to build cool stuff? Because if you do, you have our condolences. This is the last thing you needed. For everyone else, you had your fun, now get to building.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:46:16 pm by mopar23 »