April 28, 2024, 03:40:01 pm

Author Topic: Market Update  (Read 54664 times)

HarryTheGuerilla

• Tu Rasna Xa Colod?
    • View Profile
Re: Market Update
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2013, 12:53:45 am »
i think you should make it so we can sell seeds at the market and the sell price would be of what it is for sugarcane

Ozzyisleaf

• So, you out for that dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2013, 01:47:29 am »
Well, this argument is pretty unreasonable. Your point is right, and i agree with it. AFKers suck just to be on opticraft to get gold and that's all they'd ever do. But what about the people who actually don't afk and work while their farms are generating resources. It made a bunch of giant farms useless. But if you could revoke your idea and replace it with an afk kicker or disable afk for 10 minutes, because whats the point of being on opticraft if you are just going to stand there in the game waiting for money to spit out of your machines.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2013, 01:50:39 am »
Well, this argument is pretty unreasonable. Your point is right, and i agree with it. AFKers suck just to be on opticraft to get gold and that's all they'd ever do. But what about the people who actually don't afk and work while their farms are generating resources. It made a bunch of giant farms useless. But if you could revoke your idea and replace it with an afk kicker or disable afk for 10 minutes, because whats the point of being on opticraft if you are just going to stand there in the game waiting for money to spit out of your machines.
We have an afk kicker, but theres ways around it.

Sade66

• [TRUSTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2013, 01:55:51 am »
I agree with Nick...

Afking at a gold farm is way too over powered!

But if you work or build or something while getting gold and that should be ok.

Also we should still be aloud to use OUR farms but not sell the stuff and just use it for us AND if someone is a member to a farm they should be able to use it since they paid for it. :)

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2013, 02:26:14 am »
It's about time head-on action was made. I mean really, you guys did work to make the farms, but using them JUST as a way of income and not doing anything else? Come on. You can make just as much money from mining as you would from being an AFK farmer. Do more than make outlines.
Also, if you're here just to get on /baltop 1, you'd better find something more to do once you manage to get there, or you'd be a sitting duck waiting for something else to be #1 at that only requires one act and it does the rest for you.
And selling seeds.... That's just as bad as melon and pumpkin selling…

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2013, 05:00:39 am »
And selling seeds.... That's just as bad as melon and pumpkin selling…
Well, It sort of is but not really, Because you can't make a wheat farm fully automatic. There always has to be someone there to place something, so you actually are doing work for the money.

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2013, 03:37:54 pm »
If you're gunna add seeds, you should add carrots and potatoes too. Its the same concept.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2013, 04:15:52 pm »
hours and hours of building to create gold and iron farms now wasted. Thank you Opticraft staff! Driving away players a few at a time until the server eventually dies.

I'm done. I was originally taking a break from Opticraft, but I'm leaving for good now.

I spent 450K on an iron farm which was definitely a lot of money, and I spent hours working on my gold farm which isn't even fully completed. And this is happening after cactus was removed from the market after I had spent countless hours making one of the largest cactus farms built in the server.

I'm officially leaving. Next thing I know the whole goddamn market will be gone in one of Nick's "heavy" decisions.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:26:40 pm by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2013, 04:18:13 pm »
Pathetic

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2013, 04:31:09 pm »
hours and hours of building to create gold and iron farms now wasted. Thank you Opticraft staff! Driving away players a few at a time until the server eventually dies.

I'm done. I was originally taking a break from Opticraft, but I'm leaving for good now.

I spent 450K on an iron farm which was definitely a lot of money, and I spent hours working on my gold farm which isn't even fully completed. And this is happening after cactus was removed from the market after I had spent countless hours making one of the largest cactus farms built in the server.

I'm officially leaving. Next thing I know the whole goddamn market will be gone in one of Nick's "heavy" decisions.

You can sell to players, stupid reason to leave but bye  ;D

The selfie that made nick change spawn.

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2013, 04:35:59 pm »

Hahaha. Dont't blame staff, blame yourself. If you didnt see this coming, that's a damn shame.
IG - @oem_moses

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2013, 04:47:43 pm »

There's no doubt that people such as yourself put a lot of time and money into iron and gold farms.

But the fact of the matter is that no matter how much time or money you put into the farms (or anything that gives you infinite money), it no way justifies you having an infinite resource of money.
If the idea of how hard you work at something (if that's even measurable (hours of work?)) correlates to the amount of money you make, then to justify people having an infinite money source would mean that person would have to put an infinite amount of time and hard work into the farm.

Simply put, you haven't put in infinite work for the infinite money.

Also, you can still sell to others...

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2013, 05:02:25 pm »

Really chief -_-  Never expected you to do that

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2013, 05:43:30 pm »

Goodbye, oh and I'm sure you can see by the posts in this thread that this wasn't just my "heavy" decision. Most of staff and quite a few members support this.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:49:07 pm by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2013, 06:04:53 pm »
Maybe now would be a time to take a look at adding a new mod to the server that will create player run markets...  I know this has been talked about lots in the past but maybe its an option now.