May 01, 2024, 03:21:59 pm

Author Topic: Our money has no value!!!  (Read 2613 times)

ZazzMaster

• Sup?
    • View Profile
Our money has no value!!!
« on: August 30, 2013, 02:13:20 pm »
Hello opticrafters. I was thinking about something the other day. The fact that our sever has been around so long and there are so many players, more and more money has been gathering up in our economy. This means that because there is so much more money in the optic raft economy, our money hardly has any value to it, and prices of different items have gone up. And we all know that when prices go up that's not good :(.

So what can we do?'well, first, I'd like to convince the staff to wipe the balances of those inactive players, and per banned players. But what can regular players do? Well, trying to NOT sell things front he market, would help,because that brings money out of thin air and puts it back into the economy. Also, everyone can start to buy a couple things from the market every now and then. That way, your money doesn't go into someone's pocket, it simply disappears, therefore lessening the amount of money in the economy, which is a good thing.

Thanks guys, I hope you can help me with this. Buy things from, the market! Cya.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:15:47 pm by ZazzMaster »
The ZazzMaster

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Our money has no value!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 02:20:26 pm »
So what can we do?'well, first, I'd like to convince the staff to wipe the balances of those inactive players, and per banned players.
If they're inactive or banned, why would it matter, and what harm is it doing?
This has been discussed before, this is a Minecraft server and there's no such thing as an economic boom.

ZazzMaster

• Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 02:23:39 pm »
I'm just saying, things do actually cost more, and ya know, it's harder to be rich, cuz ya gotta have way more money.
The ZazzMaster

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 02:34:35 pm »
You can't please everyone. One day, they will love the economy and the next they'll be complaining that it's too hard to make money in this economy.

I believe the quote I have provided below most accurately describes the reason we even have an economy. Because if I understand correctly, when the server began, it was never a part of the plan for the economy to play such a big role.

You really want my opinion on the economy? I feel it is fine. The idea for the market was not intended to start an economy. It was supposed to be a last resort to buying blocks. We had no idea that people would spend so much time trying to find loopholes to get insanely rich. To market was meant to be expensive as to discourage people from relying on it while being beneficial to those who play all the time. Obviously due to these loopholes that all went down the drain. But i don't necessarily think that it makes the current economy bad. At the beginning we should have made the sell prices for blocks MUCH lower than we did. The only problem with that is then players would have no real way to get the protection stones that are so vital to most players. As for right now, a lot of players are set on how the economy works and i think changing it would prove disastrous for the server.

ZazzMaster

• Sup?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 02:42:44 pm »
I understand your thinking. I just posted this to see how people would respond to it. I'm still gonna keep my opinion, but whatever u think is fine.

*note: please don't lock this until the end of the day, cuz I wanna see what people comment
The ZazzMaster

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 04:54:33 am »
as Nick said, I only use the market as a last resort to getting stuff, and it works well to get rid of stuff too. playing to get so much money is rather pointless, IMO. I mean, your cash isn't worth anything I'd you don't spend it.

there is more to life than money

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 11:53:13 am »
I anything, prices have gone down... Now that we have 3 expanded worlds, there are more resources and so they cost less.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*