March 29, 2024, 02:11:40 pm

Author Topic: Moderator Application- DJAlphaWolf  (Read 4083 times)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Moderator Application- DJAlphaWolf
« on: August 20, 2013, 07:27:12 am »
Timezone: CST (UTC/GMT -6)
Join Date: SMP: in mid-february 2011. Forum: December 15, 2011
Were you recommended by anyone?: Zeradeth_,Crippnfeet, Felix_De_Kat
Why you should become a moderator: I was a moderator a few months back, until I had decided to resign this summer. I needed some time to figure my life out and just have a break from the gaming world for a while. I had turned 18 this summer and celebrated with friends and family. I also applied for classes at my local community college. I hung out for the last time with friends going away to college in other states and some I will probably not see for a while. But yeah, this summer I organized my priorities. And only recently, (a week or so ago), I have returned once again to the gaming world. I have returned to my old MMO before minecraft (Maplestory) but I also feel like a part of me still belongs in Opticraft. Now that I have more time and a somewhat, more organized schedule, I'd like to help out the community as a staff member again. And so, I apply once again to be a part of the Opticraft SMP staff team.

I consider myself pretty qualified for the staff position on the SMP staff team, though that it is up to the admins to decide. Being a Classic Operator on Opticraft Classic, Manager (after Operator, under Admin) on another unrelated server, and my 4 month run as an Opticraft SMP Moderator have shaped my experience in dealing with guests. I've never really been much of a player though. As a person, I am naturally charismatic, funny, friendly and talkative. I love talking to people and I especially love helping people out with their problems. Therefore, leadership roles such as being a mod on a server have always been pretty attractive to me. And even though I like to crack a joke every now and then, I know when to be dedicated, responsible and mature when it comes to my job.

In my time as moderator on Opti SMP, I had developed a love for the position. The fact that I could undo the grief that plagues the community daily and help them with difficult problems that I never had the necessary tools to deal with, gave me immense satisfaction. Though I am also an Opticraft Classic Operator, I had always revered the SMP staff team. Not only were they role models in the community, but they also handled much more complex issues and problems than I had ever dealt with as a classic operator.

As I've said in my first mod app and elsewhere, one important fact you should know about me is that I don't build that often. Almost never really. I much rather enjoy talking to people or helping them out. Therefore, I can safely declare that 90% of my time when I'm online will be spent dedicated to doing my duty as a mod and even some extra work on the side (i.e. fixing random grief). Every opportunity I have been given to be a leader anywhere, whether a server moderator on a minecraft server or a guild leader in another game, I have vowed to myself to be quick and responsive to my fellow members. I will drop whatever I'm doing to help my fellow members.

To address my lack of activity in recent times, I haven't been on because I've been busy dealing with life this summer. I can promise however, that I'll be on a lot more if I get accepted. The thing is, I have mostly lost interest in the minecraft game but I still have interest in Opticraft. I'll be honest when I say that besides for being a mod, I had no other significant interest in playing Minecraft. But, do not worry, I am still a part of this community and I will always pop in to say hello. The point, however, is that being a mod is really everything to me in Opticraft. Without it, I feel out of place. If I were to be accepted once again, I hope to go above and beyond in my duties as SMP Moderator.

Extra details: I am currently, as I write this application, on vacation in Florida. I will be here for another 4 days. At night, I usually have the time to do whatever I want, though I must also make sure to have enough time for sleep. Even when I am on my laptop, the hotel wifi isn't always the most reliable.

Also, school is starting up soon (August 26th). While I do have a schedule of my day to know when is best to log on, it is worth noting that I won't always be on every day, depending on what is to come from my homework/studying. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Finally, I will be managing active gameplay between Maplestory and Minecraft and schoolwork all at the same time.

My playing times are usually spread out throughout the day but I can probably play late night shifts most.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:29:24 am by Felix_De_Kat »

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application- DJAlphaWolf
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:32:53 am »
You were a great moderator before, so obviously supported and GL! :)
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 08:20:33 am »
you were a great mod! supported! :D good luck

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 08:23:00 am »
Supported. Always helped poeple. Gl. =)

ModernCreator.

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:55:06 am »
Supported Buddy :D

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 04:19:51 pm »
Supported.

Good Luck DJ
You make choices in life and you don't look back

Chewbs7

• Hi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 04:39:34 pm »
Suuuuuuuported

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 04:43:02 pm »
Best of luck DJ! =)

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 05:50:24 pm »
Was a great mod in his time, would be great to see him back with the cyan name; supported.

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 07:08:23 pm »
Totally Supported DJ!! You were one of my favorite mods b4!
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

Siddhe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 07:27:24 pm »
You were a great Mod before and handled problems with respect.  Supported and would love to see you as Mod again!

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 11:24:25 am »
You were a great before. I really hope you get the chance again
Im back.... I think

Ry_an_C

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 06:57:28 pm »
Supported. i knew you from classic. (almost always IRC) but you are a great dude

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 08:24:34 am »
Totally would make a great mod! Good luck supported

GirlLuvzerMac

• Placer of Blocks
  • There is no "try", only "Minecraft"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 05:15:21 pm »
Super supported my sci-fi reading friend!