April 28, 2024, 10:44:42 pm

Author Topic: Auction Rules  (Read 2865 times)

frobalt

• View Profile
Auction Rules
« on: August 06, 2013, 08:57:17 am »
I would have posted this in the auctions rules thread, but it's locked, and it's technically a suggestion.

1 thing that really grinds my gears on the trade forum is people starting auctions without specifying an exact end date. The recent trend is people specifying auctions to end X amount of time after the last bid, which means the auctions could go on until the buyout price is reached (if there is one).

It seems to me either people aren't reading the trade rules or just don't care to follow them.

There is a loophole in rule 1 of the auction rules stating that the auction can have the end time changed, but it must be done during while the auction is on-going, which technically makes this not against the rules as the sellers could potentially just extend auctions anyway. But most sellers don't even fall within this loophole, as they flat out don't specify an end date at all to extend.

My suggestion is this:

Can the auctions be moderated a bit more  or can the rules be updated to allow auctions like this?

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Auction Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:25:41 am »
In this case, moved to suggestions.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:08:14 am »
I think I remember Nick saying something under the lines of, he doesn't want to put too many rules on trading and auctions because people buy and sell items at their own risk, and we have a 'trade with people you trust' rule, and that items don't get refunded if a faulty auction is held.

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:02:23 pm »
Thought I was in the suggestions forum tbh. Sorry, should have checked.

I think I remember Nick saying something under the lines of, he doesn't want to put too many rules on trading and auctions because people buy and sell items at their own risk, and we have a 'trade with people you trust' rule, and that items don't get refunded if a faulty auction is held.

I can see the point, although, in this case the rules do state that people should specify when the auction ends, including date and time/time zone, which people don't seem to be doing.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 04:11:54 pm »
Trade "rules" should probably be renamed to "Trade guidelines". As far as I'm concerned, if any of these rules were to be broken, no staff action would be taken.

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 12:44:43 pm »
Trade "rules" should probably be renamed to "Trade guidelines". As far as I'm concerned, if any of these rules were to be broken, no staff action would be taken.

Really!? I wonder why they're called "Rules" then.
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted