April 28, 2024, 10:25:35 pm

Author Topic: All player using essential signs for selling  (Read 5463 times)

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
All player using essential signs for selling
« on: July 29, 2013, 01:04:14 am »
Because some people need items, have the money but they think the market prices cost too much, could players Trusted+ do like

[Buy]
     16 Signs
     $40
?    IN STOCK
 Then player would have to put a chest behind the sign, and on the last row it would say like "In stock" or "Out of Stock"
Although I'm now a java/coding expert, I know that this would take a lot of coding...
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: All player using essential signs for selling
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 01:06:49 am »
Chest shops have been suggested many times before and the answer has been no.

---><--- Click the monkey

Afro_

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 01:09:16 am »
So THAT'S what a chest shop is!
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 01:12:23 pm »
Yes, and these suggestions have been turned down because of the spam that would ensue. People would go to areas around the spawn and warps trying to get space for their shops and just when you think you found land to build on, you would find a chestshop made by a player who has been inactive for the past 6 months.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 01:35:04 pm »
Yes, and these suggestions have been turned down because of the spam that would ensue. People would go to areas around the spawn and warps trying to get space for their shops and just when you think you found land to build on, you would find a chestshop made by a player who has been inactive for the past 6 months.

Personally I think that has been wildly over exaggerated. I bet there are servers out there where this doesn't happen.

Also, unfortunately, you'll always have people that are douches with these sorts of things. It shouldn't be an excuse to avoid implementing it. Unless, of course, the feature is used to do nothing but grief or something.

The truth is though, people already can place chest shops where-ever they want, it's just more complicated to do it.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 03:59:13 pm »
You also have to restock a redstone chestshop and collect from it. With an essentials shop, you never have to go back to it to collect the money.
-2468avc

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 04:11:20 pm »
You also have to restock a redstone chestshop and collect from it. With an essentials shop, you never have to go back to it to collect the money.

You have to restock chest shops as well.

The down side to redstone created shops is that they can still take items even when the shop is out of stock unless they are built specifically to avoid that. I'd say these are more exploitable than redstone chest shops.

There would have to be rules regarding chest shops if they were implemented, as you can't expect a server side plugin to moderate everything.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 07:11:05 pm »
I shouldn't have put in restocking, I meant collecting.
-2468avc

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 11:08:38 pm »
You can create a shop that gives more than 1 of an item for the cost of 1 of a specific item. Conversely you can create a shop that takes multiple of one item and gives 1 or more of another item. Finally, in the event of an out of stock, the shop can easily be built to not take your items.

The dimensions I remember are blurry, but I could have sworn it only takes a 6 block by 14 block by 3 block high volume to make a shop with all of the features. Add another 5 blocks to the 14 block length and you get a shop that can take more than 1 of an item before distributing the product (say, 3 iron ingots for 1 gold ingot). Of course if you only want the shop to give you one item for one item while also having the out of stock lamp + no taking items when out of stock, you can shrink the shop down to a much smaller size. I forget the dimensions, but that was the basis of the first shop I built before I starting making them more complex and able to give more than one unit of product for the cost of one unit of currency.

Best griefer name ^

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 08:19:12 am »
I'm not saying they can't do that, just that it's much easier to build them in a way that has a 1:1 ratio and doesn't take into account the shop being out of stock.

Afro_

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 08:18:38 am »
Maybe /collectmoney for the collection of money? Although I don't think that's a command... Where does the money go?
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 04:05:53 am »
$5 Donation - 5 Signs?

I am pro.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:12:19 am by WoodenSlime »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 04:52:19 am »
I'm not saying they can't do that, just that it's much easier to build them in a way that has a 1:1 ratio and doesn't take into account the shop being out of stock.

It is incredibly easy to establish ratios other than a 1:1 ratio with vanilla chest shops.
Plus you can indeed control out of stocks so the machine doesn't steal items when out of stock, or while dispensing more than 1 item.

Best griefer name ^

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 02:30:42 pm »

It is incredibly easy to establish ratios other than a 1:1 ratio with vanilla chest shops.
Plus you can indeed control out of stocks so the machine doesn't steal items when out of stock, or while dispensing more than 1 item.

Most people will be lazy and go for the first tutorial they find on the matter though.

It's only simple if you know how to do it.

Most people aren't good with advanced circuitry though so will keep it as simple as possible. The 1:1 ratios that don't check for out of stock are the easiest ones to make.