March 29, 2024, 06:20:41 am

Poll

How many people do you like on the server?

9 (24.3%)
7 (18.9%)
6 (16.2%)
2 (5.4%)
100+
13 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: July 30, 2013, 04:49:48 am

Author Topic: Lack of people  (Read 28312 times)

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of people
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2013, 03:22:44 pm »
Every plugin no matter who codes it will have problems, that's life. This is a game, problems come up. I get what you mean nick by plugins are coded badly but to say every plugin but a select few I think is pushing it. I now understand why opticraft doesn't add new plugins, because you guys want everything to be coded especially for opticraft, but the problem is. We don't have to coding staff like you said. So yeah why not find a mod or plugin that has a fairly decent code, and don't tell me there are none cause that's bull, and use it. Its not like opticraft doesn't have the staff. If we want this server to survive we need to stop putting everything on one man, and start looking for some else who would be dedicated to help. But sure that might take time, but its better than what were doing now sitting on our butts coming up with excuses.and that is the final thing I have to say, because frankly I'm fed up with this chain of excuses. Make something happen. Give us a answer, and do something. If you can't make it happen then let's find someone who can
I'm Back BABY!

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2013, 03:45:21 pm »
Oh, I totally agree with you Nick.  I know the plugins are trash and contain extra crap you don't need.  I'm just saying it's not always necessary to build your own plugin.  99% of plugins out there are available in source format.  Grab one that's close to what you want, modify it, and repair any bugs you find.  Makes the process a whole lot easier than building the plugin from the ground up.

This is pretty much my own opinion of what the server should do. The fact is, we're slowly loosing players, and we need some new features to get them back. Voting simply does not seem to be enough.

Let's face it, the player base doesn't support having 3 worlds.  I realize most of the new worlds were to bring in new content but looking back I think the better option would have been doing a complete wipe of the original guest world, back when it was deemed too damaged to save, and then just continually expanding the borders as new Minecraft content got released.

Again, I believe Viper is right. We can't just pretend to keep living in the "glory days". In the same way I believe that classic should (sadly) be deleted, the old guest world (and possibly even the member world) should go.

We need new features to keep our players involved, but instead, this server is starting to feel like a museum. This server needs to learn from its mistakes, and improve on them. If Optical and cschurz don't have time to code a pvp plugin from scratch, base it on an existing one, and fix any loop holes. I know I'm making this sound easy, and I know it won't be, but it needs to happen.

The server is quite simply getting left behind in the "tech race" for newer and better things. Why would a new user want to play Opticraft when he can play "XXXcraft"  with survival, creative, pvp and minigames?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2013, 03:49:24 pm »
Every plugin no matter who codes it will have problems, that's life. This is a game, problems come up. I get what you mean nick by plugins are coded badly but to say every plugin but a select few I think is pushing it. I now understand why opticraft doesn't add new plugins, because you guys want everything to be coded especially for opticraft, but the problem is. We don't have to coding staff like you said. So yeah why not find a mod or plugin that has a fairly decent code, and don't tell me there are none cause that's bull, and use it. Its not like opticraft doesn't have the staff. If we want this server to survive we need to stop putting everything on one man, and start looking for some else who would be dedicated to help. But sure that might take time, but its better than what were doing now sitting on our butts coming up with excuses.and that is the final thing I have to say, because frankly I'm fed up with this chain of excuses. Make something happen. Give us a answer, and do something. If you can't make it happen then let's find someone who can
This arrogant response is exactly what these topics dont need. I'm answering questions and giving explanations to try to help you guys understand why stuff isnt as easy as it seems from your point of view. Not only do you basically ignore that, you then go on to act like we owe it to you.

The best part of your post is "If we want this server to survive we need to stop putting everything on one man" that is how opti wants it, no one else can add plugins and stuff to the server but him. He has high standards for the plugins and that is rightfully so, its his server after all. You then finish it off by saying "If you can't make it happen then let's find someone who can" which is funny because in my post i explained why that is very hard, but at this point im doubting that you even read it anyways due to the sheer ignorance in your post.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2013, 04:14:35 pm »
Instead of focusing on suggestions that require the power of optical to implement, we could pool ideas and come up things that are just as fun, but much easier to manage. I was thinking we could have another world for competitions like the build comp and things of that nature. Small things that interest a lot of people but are not as code heavy to make. Im sure that people have some great ideas that could be easily created

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2013, 04:44:43 pm »
Instead of focusing on suggestions that require the power of optical to implement, we could pool ideas and come up things that are just as fun, but much easier to manage. I was thinking we could have another world for competitions like the build comp and things of that nature. Small things that interest a lot of people but are not as code heavy to make. Im sure that people have some great ideas that could be easily created

I think you missed some of the topic... One of the problems we're facing is we already have too many worlds.  We don't have enough players to support the number of worlds we have.  In fact at present we only need 1 world, 1 end, and 1 nether...  That's it.  Continuing to create new worlds is what is giving this server a, to quote Claw, "museum" feeling.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:35 pm »
Why not get rid of the old guest world, old guest nether, and old guest end? Just keep the member and new guest worlds. Of course there would be a time delay, and everyone would be warned to get all of their stuff.

Or perhaps the old guest world could be what gets turned into the pvp world. I think that would work well if some of the forests are regenerated, but the griefed mess? Nah, keep that. It gives the old guest world a "war torn" look which I think would give PVP an interesting feel if it was setup in the old guest world. Users with city protection in this world could disable pvp in their zone if they wanted, and protection stones could be given a disable pvp flag that would only disable pvp in the region. This would make the server interesting with pvp. Meanwhile maybe there could be stuff added to the pvp world like Capture the flag, and arenas. And it could all be put into a pvp world so people who just wanted plain pvp that wasn't strictly arena based or CTF based could roam the rest of the world.

Best griefer name ^

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2013, 08:26:07 pm »
Why not get rid of the old guest world, old guest nether, and old guest end? Just keep the member and new guest worlds. Of course there would be a time delay, and everyone would be warned to get all of their stuff.
Well, some people still use the old guest world (Stuttgart). If parts of the old guest world were to be reloaded for PvP/whatever purposes, that'd be great.
IG - @oem_moses

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2013, 03:11:01 am »

I might not play much at the minute, but I would be royally pissed if the old guest world was eradicated. Actually, it would push me away from the server completely, as most of my creations (Namely my iron farm and sheep farm) are in the old guest world, and I bet I'm not the only one.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2013, 05:34:33 am »
The only way I would be okay with any worlds being deleted is if there was a game breaking update that would make it literally impossible to use the current worlds for any sort of up-to-date gameplay.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

ComputerGameLPer

• The Helpful Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2013, 05:51:14 am »
The server is quite simply getting left behind in the "tech race" for newer and better things. Why would a new user want to play Opticraft when he can play "XXXcraft"  with survival, creative, pvp and minigames?
The only way I would be okay with any worlds being deleted is if there was a game breaking update that would make it literally impossible to use the current worlds for any sort of up-to-date gameplay.
I give you both a +1
(click to show/hide)

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2013, 02:01:22 pm »
All me stuff is in old guest... I have every farm animal, a large base... These things have taken DAYS to make. And it isn't like I could transport it easily, a ton of it is glass!
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2013, 02:06:24 pm »
Yes, avc... xD
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

CrazyGamer2000

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2013, 01:18:41 am »
Again, I believe Viper is right. We can't just pretend to keep living in the "glory days". In the same way I believe that classic should (sadly) be deleted, the old guest world (and possibly even the member world) should go.

Removing the old guest world, or any world for that matter, would be risky. People may get mad and leave the
server, that would just make the problem worse not better. If there would be a possible way to take parts of
the old guest world that people use and implement it to one of the other worlds, like a copy and paste, then it
could possibly work. I have used the server since there was only an old guest world and I couldn't bring
myself to abandon it, others are just like me in which they don't want to abandon their builds. Unless they
can bring all of our old guester's creations to another world, then we will only make people leave and make
a smaller amount of players that will play. Moving our stuff would also, I'm guessing, take a plug in which, like
others have said, there would be problems to add it.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2013, 03:55:29 am »
What would be the point of having a new world, but moving old things back onto it? The point of a new world is to start fresh..

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2013, 04:00:54 am »
If it were up to me, the old guest world would have been deleted a while ago. But opti wants to keep it so we will keep it.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident