April 26, 2024, 02:07:32 pm

Author Topic: Where is everyone and what is happening to the build?  (Read 15667 times)

jh2018

• View Profile
Re: Where is everyone and what is happening to the build?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 03:19:24 am »
Well, Here's why this server is a complete loner ville.

- Mojang are idiots and hid the link to play multi player
- Minecraft Classic is no longer being worked on
- Some of us have quit due to being the only people on the server.
- And last, but not least, people don't have WoM (Minecraft Multiplayer Server Client)

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 03:51:35 am »
I don't see why we can't have a build server. To me, Classic is just outdated Minecraft. Why not build with the new stuff? Can anyone tell me any advantages Classic has over MC? I'm kinda tired of seeing people say "omg classic is dead why".

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 04:14:37 pm »
I don't see why we can't have a build server. To me, Classic is just outdated Minecraft. Why not build with the new stuff? Can anyone tell me any advantages Classic has over MC? I'm kinda tired of seeing people say "omg classic is dead why".
build with new stuff? We have SMP for that..

imposter290

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 07:09:26 pm »
Can anyone tell me any advantages Classic has over MC?

For those like me who haven't purchased the full game, which I am to believe is around £20, at least we have an abandoned server we can still build on. When I have lots of blocks to select from, I don't know which to choose; with Classic, there's lesser choice. Furthermore, on Opticraft Classic Server there are some amazing builds that I for one would like to preserve as what Classic Opticrafters have achieved. Just a few reasons :).

---

Well, Here's why this server is a complete loner ville.

- Mojang are idiots and hid the link to play multi player
- Minecraft Classic is no longer being worked on
- Some of us have quit due to being the only people on the server.
- And last, but not least, people don't have WoM (Minecraft Multiplayer Server Client)

You forgot the fact that many people refrain from going on Classic due to their e-mail, in some case wanted kept private, is used instead of a username. Mojang is a real idiot for that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:56:26 pm by The Imposter »

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 09:07:15 pm »
build with new stuff? We have SMP for that..
well i preferred the mood of classic over the more tight rules of smp. its very.. well they want to prevent someone being a dick, or well anything that can offend anyone. and well the wom client was more fun. and mining is a bitch. but thats my opinion. i may just be nostalgic(though i had smp before classic)

CrazyGamer2000

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 09:50:35 pm »
The sad thing is that this departure of players is not just existent in classic but also in SMP. There used to be 300 people MINIMUM every day. Now the most I ever see is 50 something players. Sure they're committed players but I miss the time when they're where giant towns with actual people in them. It sounds like the classic downgrade is the same. I think that Opticraft should market the server more and tell players to tell their friends about the server, both SMP and classic.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 12:21:46 am »
There never have been 300 players on SMP

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 03:13:38 am »
But there has been 250.

For those like me who haven't purchased the full game, which I am to believe is around £20, at least we have an abandoned server we can still build on. When I have lots of blocks to select from, I don't know which to choose; with Classic, there's lesser choice. Furthermore, on Opticraft Classic Server there are some amazing builds that I for one would like to preserve as what Classic Opticrafters have achieved. Just a few reasons :).

Is there a way we can copy the Classic map into regular minecraft? If so, we could just make a creative server.
But that's not likely. You guys could go for a fresh start and start building newer, more impressive builds with the new stuff out in 1.6.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 11:11:43 am by Duinis »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2013, 05:16:10 pm »
But there has been 250.

Is there a way we can copy the Classic map into regular minecraft? If so, we could just make a creative server.
But that's not likely. You guys could go for a fresh start and start building newer, more impressive builds with the new stuff out in 1.6.
you dont seem to understand, there are hundreds of classic maps on the server. not just one

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2013, 10:01:36 pm »
But there has been 250.

you dont seem to understand, there are hundreds of classic maps on the server. not just one

Classic MAPS then.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 01:55:32 am »
But there has been 250.

Classic MAPS then.
Hundreds of them, and as stated before we don't have enough staff to spread around on two servers
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 02:48:00 am »
But there has been 250.

Classic MAPS then.
Hundreds of them, and as stated before we don't have enough staff to spread around on two servers

ddvsvdhvvv

I'm trying to make a solution here!

Opticalza! Recruit more mods so we can stop the complaints!