April 20, 2024, 05:05:01 am

Author Topic: Where is everyone and what is happening to the build?  (Read 15627 times)

SlimHaydy

• View Profile
Where is everyone and what is happening to the build?
« on: June 02, 2013, 12:12:51 am »
Now yesterday I decided I felt like building because I did enjoy it but I got on yesterday and there is barely 10 people on! I used to come on here all the time and there would be almost 20 guests, some members, some recruits and the occasional builder and craft like me along with ops. It is sad to see this server start to loose numbers as I found it the best. Maybe we need a new campaign to get new players or something.

Thoughts? Ideas?

SlimHaydy

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
Re: Where is everyone and what is happening to the build?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 01:18:28 am »
It's been like this since like last year sadly. I think a spleef or a building tournament/competition would be best to get the name out that classic still exists and can be fun. I have taken over Your_Mine's spleef tournament, but I don't really have time to set it up unfortunately since I'ld have to go through all of the existing teams, see who's active and who wants to still participate.
IG - @oem_moses

SlimHaydy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 02:48:13 am »
I could probably help. I used to play with running a spleef server from my computer. I reckon we could make it work and get the name out. Just need mapmakers which i also may be able to help with

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 03:14:36 am »
I don't think it's just us. Minecraft Classic in general is on death row right now because Mojang made it really obscure to get to. I'm sure there are ways to get people from Opticraft back on Classic, but it won't be permanent, and it won't be very many.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

SlimHaydy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 04:04:52 am »
It is quite annoying for Mojang to do this and try and hide classic because it creates opportunities. They may be getting rid of it to direct players to the paid thing instead of getting a feel for it in classic. I love classic because I enjoy building. simple. But they want to move with the times

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 05:12:31 am »
Long time no see Slim.

Haven't seen you since middle of April last year.

Well good luck to you on classic server, its as dead as a tumbleweed rolling in the desert.

You might want to get on smp or something.
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

SlimHaydy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 10:35:30 am »
Hey alpha! Well I would get on smp but I would have to use my bros account. I have moved more over to other gaming but I started to feel like I missed the build so I came on and was incredibly surprised about the numbers. Maybe we could get on a server together or something :D

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 05:43:22 pm »
I've actually always wanted to join the server. But as mentioned Mojang is making it impossible to get to. I'm not sure but this maybe happening to other people. They want to join, but they don't know where to access it. If someone knows how please help me. When I click the forum thingy and sigh in, I'm just led to the minecraft home screen.
Im back.... I think

SlimHaydy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 12:27:12 am »
On the minecraft home page on the right under where it says 'Buy Now!' There should be a little link saying looking for classic so just click that and t will take you to a page. After all the text there should be something saying are you still looking for it and go there and you are on the list. Now just filter opticraft and you will have found the server. If you don't want to read just go http://minecraft.net/classic/list for the server list and http://minecraft.net/classic/play/1bb27262c1fd81b37c35280749bacbd2 for the direct link to the server.

Maybe gather some of your smp friends and come join us on classic for a build.  ;D

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 06:16:48 am »
Opticraft.net/play works as well. Anyway welcome back dude. It is sad to see what happened to classic over the years though
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 09:43:43 am »
There is barely 10 people on!

Lucky.. I normally see about 1 or 2 guests on with me whenever I join. .-.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 04:57:21 am »

Lucky... I'm always alone.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

butterflywolves

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 11:00:10 am »
On the minecraft home page on the right under where it says 'Buy Now!' There should be a little link saying looking for classic so just click that and t will take you to a page. After all the text there should be something saying are you still looking for it and go there and you are on the list. Now just filter opticraft and you will have found the server. If you don't want to read just go http://minecraft.net/classic/list for the server list and http://minecraft.net/classic/play/1bb27262c1fd81b37c35280749bacbd2 for the direct link to the server.

Maybe gather some of your smp friends and come join us on classic for a build.  ;D

Thanks for telling me, I plan to join.
Im back.... I think

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 05:28:25 pm »

Lucky... I'm always alone.

*sigh* sometimes I too.

butterflywolves

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 10:43:36 am »
If it makes anyone happy, I joined classic. And then I did /j nick33061 and I made the computer freeze...oops. I still haven't gotten used to the /fly and all, but it worth it to get more people on:)

Im back.... I think