April 26, 2024, 10:18:31 am

Author Topic: New ways to become a member  (Read 1850 times)

cake27

• View Profile
New ways to become a member
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:02:39 pm »
I was very happy when I first become a member on the opticraft server. But one thing bothers me. my friends are very nice people and should be trusted or even staff by now. but they won't become members because thay are worried about things like spam email, virus links, and advertisements being emailed to them. now I know opticraft doesnt do that and has an option when you become a member, but some people still get worried. I would suggest that users would just be able to do their verification ingame. for example: (im using my own username) if i wanted to become a member I would click on an option at the top black bar of the website [the one with home fourm search profile messages members information donate vote live map logout/login] and there would be a new option saying "become a member" next to login/logout and when i clicked it it would give me all the options when people normally become a member exept asking for your email. when you hit submit at the bottom it would give you a code to type in on the server to become a member ex: 405672. so when i went online i would type: /verify cake27 405672 and i would become a member. thanks for reading,
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<{cake27}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
Re: New ways to become a member
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 08:05:39 pm »
     Care to name some of these "friends" of yours?
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 08:05:51 pm »
i disagree, if you are worried about the trustworthiness of a website that is trustworthy to 28792 current members, then stay worried.

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 08:08:26 pm »
Care to name some of these "friends" of yours?
Why does it even matter, he doesn't have to name them anyway.

i disagree, if you are worried about the trustworthiness of a website that is trustworthy to 28792 current members, then stay worried.

Goalie's statement is a perfect response, if they just can't trust the server, it's simply their problem and fault for not becoming a member.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 08:12:13 pm »
Im deeply sorry to say this but if your "friends" are scared they will get a virus by signing up on a website, they should definitely not be trusted, let alone staff. Im sure they are very nice but if they really want to be a part of this community, they will need to start to post stuff on the forums and get active.

Take care and good luck!