April 26, 2024, 02:50:10 am

Author Topic: Donation idea - Jetpacks  (Read 8067 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Donation idea - Jetpacks
« on: May 20, 2013, 09:52:55 pm »
This idea is the Jetpacks perk. Jetpacks enable players to fly for a fixed amount of time (with gravity).

Basically, the idea is you have the following command:

/jetpack [on|off]

When you turn your jet pack on, you will fly when you crouch. As you fly, the chat will show
[Server] Jet pack fuel at 100%

Then a short amount of time later you will see
[Server] Jet pack fuel at 95%

And as you fly, you use up fuel. The chat will show your jet pack fuel amount. Also the effect would be the same as a jet pack. When crouching, you fly upwards. When you stop crouching, you begin to fall again at the normal rate you would be falling if you jumped from a high place. So you only have limited flight time because once your fuel reaches 0% you begin to fall.

Your jet pack will recharge over time. Every time the charge percent reaches an interval of 20 the server will say
[Server] Jet pack charging [20%]
[Server] Jet pack charging [40%]

Recommended charge rate: 2 seconds / 1% (or 3.33 minutes to charge from 0 to 100%)
Recommended depletion rate: 0.25 seconds / 1% (25 seconds of flight time on a full charge)

It should also be noted that your jet pack will only charge and work when turned on. Turning it off will freeze it where its at in charging or discharge. Quitting the game does the same effect. Upon rejoining, all charge percentages will be the same as they were when the player left. Once again, the player flies by pressing shift (the crouch key), but the player will only fly if they used /jetpack on
If the jet pack is not on, the player will perform a normal crouch. Leaving the game resets the jet pack state so it is off again by default when you join.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Donation idea - Jetpacks
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 09:59:45 pm »
While this is an interesting idea indeed, i doubt anything will come of it.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 10:17:22 pm »
Why not?

Best griefer name ^

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:24:32 pm »
It'd be damn handy for people building things. I know i'd donate for it.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 10:54:56 pm »
I like the idea, but this goes away from the idea of survival. Its clear that we arent completely a survival server, with pvp, mob damage and opening other's chests off. But adding jetpacks would really digress from the loosely followed idea of survival held here. Interesting idea tho

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 10:58:47 pm »
I like the idea, but this goes away from the idea of survival. Its clear that we arent completely a survival server, with pvp, mob damage and opening other's chests off. But adding jetpacks would really digress from the loosely followed idea of survival held here. Interesting idea tho
Just saw gav's post, he made a very good point by saying that.

Actually, this is a very good idea. It is not overpowered like some suggestions can be. This presents fair and equal time and it waould be VERY handy for building things as Spikey said. I like the idea how normal crouch will still work and stuff. But we must also remember the downsides of this perk. People could use it to fly into a private area someone doesnt want you in and is too big to put a roof on (ex:NPC Village). Despite this I believe it would be better to have this than to not. I was recently building a Lighthouse (for a build competition) and it was REALLY difficult to get up and down it. This would make it where I could atleast get up to the top instead of risking my life on stairs (:P). daniblue was a person building next to me. As we should all know, he is a mod. I saw how easily it was for him to make a really high project compared to me. He and I had a good laugh when I was attempting to crouch and jump around some corners (no joke, ask him it was funny). So, overall, I believe this is a good idea to add on to commands for the server. But I am assuming that this would be a donor perk (I may be wrong). Sadly, my parents won't let me donate, although I have tons of $ and nothing to do with it. So, I think the staff should consider this anyways.
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 11:10:04 pm »
People can currently still get into npc villages and animal farms even if they are protected. The jetpacks wouldnt make it worse.

Best griefer name ^

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 11:11:15 pm »
Man I donate for jetpack just to fly and round and think "nanananana" and also the price for jetpack should be like 10-15  dollers sounds right?

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 12:53:59 am »
I have an iron man skin. I would so donate for jetpack lol.

Maybe if I wrote the plugin it could be implemented? Even though I have two other plugins I say I'm writing but haven't worked on at all in the last few months because I've been busy...

Best griefer name ^

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 02:43:26 am »
People can currently still get into npc villages and animal farms even if they are protected. The jetpacks wouldnt make it worse.
     True, enderpearls, I hate those things! (they are useful tho)
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 03:02:08 am »
Why not?
Because nothing is currently being worked on and I don't see that changing in the near future.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

cake27

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 08:19:11 pm »
ok thats an awesome idea. but honestly i dont see anything on opticraft happening like that. make a mod thatd be cool

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 01:46:06 pm »
http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,17660.msg170031.html#new

I have a link to a jetpack plugin jar that I put together. There might be some little glitches and things with it, but I kinda put it together in a couple hours so it's not 100% professional. It's a rough build of what my idea is. Technically it could be implemented on the server right now if you wanted. As for being a donation feature, just give everyone the 1 jetpack permission.

One thing to note: The plugin will make the server and other plugins think that jetpack users are flying illegally when in fact it is legit since it is the plugin doing it and not an illegal mod. Perhaps it would be possibly to make the anti-cheat plugin not worry about anyone who is "flying" if they have the permission node for me plugin?

Best griefer name ^

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 10:21:07 pm »
I like the idea! But maybe instead of SHIFT, you could change the key in which to use the jetpack, like /jetpack key <key>
but yea
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:23:20 pm by PokeyzRule »
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 10:52:17 pm »
Just saw gav's post, he made a very good point by saying that.

Actually, this is a very good idea. It is not overpowered like some suggestions can be. This presents fair and equal time and it waould be VERY handy for building things as Spikey said. I like the idea how normal crouch will still work and stuff. But we must also remember the downsides of this perk. People could use it to fly into a private area someone doesnt want you in and is too big to put a roof on (ex:NPC Village). Despite this I believe it would be better to have this than to not. I was recently building a Lighthouse (for a build competition) and it was REALLY difficult to get up and down it. This would make it where I could atleast get up to the top instead of risking my life on stairs (:P). daniblue was a person building next to me. As we should all know, he is a mod. I saw how easily it was for him to make a really high project compared to me. He and I had a good laugh when I was attempting to crouch and jump around some corners (no joke, ask him it was funny). So, overall, I believe this is a good idea to add on to commands for the server. But I am assuming that this would be a donor perk (I may be wrong). Sadly, my parents won't let me donate, although I have tons of $ and nothing to do with it. So, I think the staff should consider this anyways.
lol Daniblue is a girl btw