April 27, 2024, 03:56:30 pm

Author Topic: Futurama's Cancelled...  (Read 3242 times)

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Futurama's Cancelled...
« on: April 23, 2013, 09:20:56 pm »
Comedy Central confirmed yesterday on April 23rd that they decided to not renew Futurama. Season 7B will be starting in June 19 and it will be the final episodes of Futurama.
I'm really sad that they haven't decided to renew the serious, I'm a huge fan of Futurama and I know a few people who are pretty huge fans of Futurama too. I really don't understand why they keep shows like South Park and cancel Futurama. I hope some other comedy broadcaster like Adult Swim will take the show but I'm not crossing my fingers. Oh well, we can at least wait patiently for the last part of the season... (/end sorrow rant)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:23:37 pm by raul7legend »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama's Cancelled...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 09:30:32 pm »
Not surprising. Every season after season 4 just sucked. Comedy central ruined the greatest show ever.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:33:13 pm »
so episodes were ok but after season 4 they mostly were not that funny but thats just me :D

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 09:43:16 pm »
Not surprising. Every season after season 4 just sucked. Comedy central ruined the greatest show ever.

Agreed. And the show had so much potential...

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:55:07 am »
Honestly, after season 5 I just couldn't really watch the show anymore, it was like they were trying to hard to make you laugh with real bad jokes.. The storyline in some of season 4's episodes were good, but not that funny.

I agree the show has a lot of potential, but I don't see the potential being in comedy... It'd be strange, but I'd definitely have liked them to get more serious with the characters and make a season devoted to a captivating storyline.
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 05:27:16 am »
It'd be strange, but I'd definitely have liked them to get more serious with the characters and make a season devoted to a captivating storyline.
From season 4 onwards the story really just focused on Fry's and Leela's relationship, which may be a good concept if done right but it feels like Fry is too over-obsessive over Leela, which really ruined the idea. Speaking of, I really don't think the new batch of episodes were bad but they weren't as nearly good as the original broadcasting.
In an offtopic note - I the only one that thinks Amazon Women in The Mood is an overrated episode? Most people say that it's the best episode in Futurama but I thought it was meh.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 05:13:28 pm »
The best episode is easily insane in the mainframe.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

jh2018

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 08:32:11 pm »
To: Comedy Central:

Bite my shiny Metal ass!

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 09:10:14 pm »
The best episode is easily insane in the mainframe.
The two best episodes in my opinion is The Day the Earth Stood Stupid and Future Stock.
Also - Easily the best line in Futurama history.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:13:16 pm by raul7legend »

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 07:36:38 pm »
I loved the show but never payed attenttion to much of the seasons, every now or then. But anyways, its tragic to see it go
The self proclaimed OptiCraft Legend

erection