March 29, 2024, 12:46:01 am

Author Topic: animal killing/greifing  (Read 5529 times)

cake27

• View Profile
animal killing/greifing
« on: April 02, 2013, 12:43:12 pm »
i think that opticraft needs an animal killing/greifing plugin for the seinior staff. my animals are always killed and i cant do anything :'(
the plugin could simply let them know what animals were killed by who. /amk

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
Re: animal killing/greifing
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:45:58 pm »
This would be almost impossible to code.. There is no animal logging possible with Bukkit at this point.

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:00:52 pm »
well, there is the idea, of using protection stones, as a protection for animals, it would require little to no coding, and could be put in effect with little effort, it could use the same feature that other servers use to prevent pvp within certain areas, and could protect livestock, the only problem with this, is that you couldn't kill any mobs that attack within your protection -.-

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 07:44:29 pm »
well, there is the idea, of using protection stones, as a protection for animals, it would require little to no coding, and could be put in effect with little effort, it could use the same feature that other servers use to prevent pvp within certain areas, and could protect livestock, the only problem with this, is that you couldn't kill any mobs that attack within your protection -.-
There is a flag for protection stones where entities (animals, painitings, item frames etc) can be protected, but the logging would be impossible.

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 08:22:16 pm »
Not possible but would be cool.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

cake27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 11:03:53 pm »
well, theres this other server, [im not advertising so i didn't name it], it allows users to protect animals with protection stones.

Pensfan121

• SMP-Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 11:39:20 pm »
Or if you see the person killing the animal take a screen shot.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 12:02:14 am »
Or if you see the person killing the animal take a screen shot.
That would be about a five second window, and they would have to be there.

There is already a flag built in to protection stones that will stop the killing of non-hostile mobs within the zone by players not allowed in the zone. I would highly recommend this be turned on.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Felix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:28:51 pm »
Just to throw this out there....

Don't all Mobs (Animals/NPC's etc) not actually belong to the server and not the player?? Much like the 'ownership' of a spawner?

Player Rules and Guidelines

Guidelines
1.   Players cannot own mobs spawners. Mob spawners are made by the server so a player cannot claim that a mob spawner is theirs. What a player can do is build around the mob spawner so someone would have to grief to get inside.

The section I am referring to in this quote is the "made by the server so a player cannot claim"..

So the easiest solution to me would be to build your farm within a structure. If someone can't get in, they can't kill them.. And IF they do get in, well.. That's grief and we can tell who did it.. Then it's up to the Op+ to believe if you had 10k pigs in the 11x11 pigpen.

This would not only encourage the purchase of protection stones from the market, but also start getting people used to only building within their fiscal means, and not take over 100x100 (or more) areas that they cannot afford to protect.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:57:56 pm by Felix_De_Kat »
As you may have noticed, I have been inactive for a while.
I decided to leave Opticraft for a few reasons.
Goodbye & Good luck in all your endeavours!

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 02:18:15 pm »
So the easiest solution to me would be to build your farm within a structure. If someone can't get in, they can't kill them..
Pretty much this. You can either keep your mobs in a building protect with a protection stone, or without one. If you don't have one, expect to be griefed and have your animals killed. Just remember the player will be banned for griefing but not for killing animals because you can't technically own them.

(This is also why mob egg donations won't happen, too many people will complain if their mobs are killed)

cake27

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 11:20:57 pm »
well, the moderator+ should still be able to see animals in that area recently, and be able to replace them.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 04:20:56 am »
No, they can't. And how hard is it to build it within a protected structure with iron doors?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 04:28:14 am »
well, the moderator+ should still be able to see animals in that area recently, and be able to replace them.

Even if we could, there's a problem with that. Say you get a cow and kill it for the meat/xp/whatever. Then you call us over and say that your cow was killed, and when we check that it was (but we wouldn't know who did it), we spawn one. Then the cycle repeats and you have an endless supply of whatever that particular mob you're using drops.

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 06:58:00 pm »

Even if we could, there's a problem with that. Say you get a cow and kill it for the meat/xp/whatever. Then you call us over and say that your cow was killed, and when we check that it was (but we wouldn't know who did it), we spawn one. Then the cycle repeats and you have an endless supply of whatever that particular mob you're using drops.

I totally agree with alicia. Ya cant trust everyone that someone else killed/hid their cow etc.
-Dale

benc117

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 05:08:28 am »
There is one thing that is good its call "core protect" it can roll back dead animals :D
Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117