April 29, 2024, 12:23:17 pm

Author Topic: animal killing/greifing  (Read 5558 times)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: animal killing/greifing
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 07:06:03 pm »
I'd really like to see the flag added to the PS , make it so simple to protect.

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 06:04:00 pm »
       This is a very debateble topic, of course, it would keep people from killing your livestock, but then people would go in an all out rush throughout the worlds to try and control the animal industry. Think, If you were the only one with cows on the server, you didnt sell them, but you sold leather and xp for INSANE amounts. Also, couldn't ppl still lure your animals with wheat or carrots or whatnot? They could easily lead them to a trap that would auto kill them.
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 03:40:20 am »
I don't see an issue with that, I'd really like an admin or Optical's opinion on this

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 04:20:20 am »
You know, while protection for animals would be great, I'd rather have the challenge of having to keep them safe. It is a challenge to make sure security is fully buffed up and all.

Just my two cents on it.

It is bad that players kill other player's animals without permission, but it's just like in real life. The coyote roaming the neighborhood doesn't have permission to eat your cat, but will do it anyways so you gotta protect the cat.

Best griefer name ^

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 04:58:48 am »
You know, while protection for animals would be great, I'd rather have the challenge of having to keep them safe. It is a challenge to make sure security is fully buffed up and all.

Just my two cents on it.

It is bad that players kill other player's animals without permission, but it's just like in real life. The coyote roaming the neighborhood doesn't have permission to eat your cat, but will do it anyways so you gotta protect the cat.
By that logic, protecting against grief would also be a challenge, and the mods should do nothing about it since it's a challenge. I understand that you're not suggesting that we do this, but I still reject that way of thinking.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 07:30:36 pm »
Wy don't we just add the flag on pstones? It's pre-coded and a little extra animal protection. Plus, if people complain that their mobs were killed, a staff member could just reply should've psed it.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 10:00:23 am »
This would be extremely useful for farms and for 1.6 for when horsies come out! Every now and then, people ask for if us staff members can do something about someone killing/griefing players farm animals...

Also, if this does get implemented, would city/project protection cover/help it?
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 08:30:38 pm »
Sorry for double posting and necro posting, but no one ever got back.  This is quite a good idea, it's a lovely one.  It's also per coded (I heard).  Also, I have read a few pages and it says horses are quite rare.. It would be lovely for Opticraft or one of the admins to see what they think.
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)