April 29, 2024, 09:11:34 am

Author Topic: NEED new players!  (Read 2743 times)

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
NEED new players!
« on: April 13, 2013, 03:50:48 pm »
      As many of usave noticed, Opti is slowly losing players one by one. I have a solution! On TOP of voting, we can have a rewards system! If you get a new player to come on, The is a command where if you told that player about the server, then they can type something like: /reccomended by (username).
    The catch is, you dont get the prize right away, that new player has to play for AT LEAST 8 Hours before you get your prize, that's the catch, this actually gives the new player a chance to see the server instead of being told by and Irl friend: Can you go on this server for me just far like 10 secs and reccomend me so i get a prize then u can do what u want. This way, the player won't INSTANTLY just leave the server, and instead, they will get to see how friendly we all are and they can decide to stay on or whatnot after their 8 hrs.( Personally, I would stay on, Because, If I were on 8 hrs I would have made a home n tufff already and not want to leave). Hopefully you get SOMETHING useful out of this suggestion, and anyways, do we really have much of a choice? If we continue to lose players without acting, then soon the server will be very small. Also, we could add a "Starter kit" like some servers do, with just like 10 steak for a journey and like 10 wood logs and a stack of cobble for a starting home. This may encourage new players to stay on instead of going, "this server sucks," and leaving. Also, the prize for reccomending a player by a new player shoyld most likely be a form of diamonds as not to thow off the economy, because we cant sell diamonds and we already vote for diamonds, so it ,ost likely wouldnt change the server that much. One time I tried a server called <name of server removed>. This is where the idea of reccomendation came from, they have a system like I described, If you would like to see it, go to the server: <name of server removed> and you will ee an example of it if they still have it(they most likely will). Thaks for reading!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:28:44 am by Zeradeth_ »
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: NEED new players!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 04:04:46 pm »
I know your suggestion is a little different, but I'll just leave this here anyway:
http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,12306.0.html

As for the starter kit idea, new players are already given one.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:06:34 pm by xDeeKay »

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 04:14:38 pm »
       Oh ok sry I didnt know there was a starter pack already. I just thought reccomendations wre a good idea. Whatever, do we have a plan to get new players though? Because I think we should. Although we aren't losing players rapidly, Its only a matter of time. I think one reason new players might quit is because they were griefed. They may think there is no way to recover their lost items, therefore, they may Ragequit. Now that I say it, it sounds even more stupid to me, but whatever, may as well say my thoughts.

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 07:40:22 pm »
People may abuse it, you know, give friends rep for no reason

Caanite.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 08:56:06 pm »
I gotten quite a lot of guests to stay on the server just by telling them simple commands like /home and /ch g
I've had 1 out of 5 ragequit immediately and another 1 out of 5 ragequit after being banned
[22:52]   OptiBot-Creative   PIXELDUDE2001: Caanite is the almighty ceo and god of the server

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:02:24 pm »
We've actually had more players on since 1.5 soooo Idk what you're talking about. look at our member stats

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:27:14 pm »
A lot of people make these "we need more players" threads but what most of them dont realize is that having tons of players is not necessarily better. Here on opticraft we may not have a 100 player average but we have a community of dedicated players. Most of the smp servers with high player counts do not have as big of a community as we do, they just have more players playing by themselves on the server.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 05:06:21 am »
I would like to point out that we used to have at least 130 people on when I started. (Just over a year ago)

But, we did use to have alot of players on.

Zeradeth_

• "I am burdened with glorious purpose." -Loki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 05:31:24 am »
Also wanna point out that we've had a pretty impressive influx of guests coming into the server of late. I'm not sure if this is due to Opticraft being in the Top 5 servers (at least that's what I heard from someone >.>), or from good advertising, but it seems to me like we have a decent amount of players on right now. And I'm certain that when summer vacation hits for more players, we'll see an influx of the players already in the community coming on for longer.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 04:51:20 am »
I would like to point out that we used to have at least 130 people on when I started. (Just over a year ago)

But, we did use to have alot of players on.

Thank you for seeing my point, I also joined about a year ago but was banned for 11 months. When I got back on I saw that almot evry1 I knew was gone.
Also wanna point out that we've had a pretty impressive influx of guests coming into the server of late. I'm not sure if this is due to Opticraft being in the Top 5 servers (at least that's what I heard from someone >.>), or from good advertising, but it seems to me like we have a decent amount of players on right now. And I'm certain that when summer vacation hits for more players, we'll see an influx of the players already in the community coming on for longer.
      Also, good point about the Summer, I didn't think about it almost being Summer Break. YAY! You just got me excited. Good point Zera.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 12:48:43 pm »
Dont worry. Once we hit summer like zera pointed out, the number of players will shoot sky-high

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 08:58:30 pm »
    Yes, we'll proably have about 100 players on at a time! I can't wait for all that fun!