April 28, 2024, 05:48:50 pm

Author Topic: College tuition  (Read 6828 times)

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
Re: College tuition
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 05:03:24 am »
I'm tired of my home and community college is literally my last option. I hate being home.
I'd rather (probably wouldn't) go to one the random college acceptances I got than go to a community college.

And as I said, I did file FAFSA, but not CSS Profile.

I'll just worry about the money later.

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 05:15:42 am »
Sometime community colleges are the way to go, some offer pretty good programs/majors like forensics, welding, medical assisting, culinary arts, etc. I guess it all comes down to what you are planning on majoring in, or decide if you just want to further your education and begin picking. I chose to become an auto tech. and I had a bunch of choices and opportunities, found a few people who graduated from each school, got their honest opinions, spoke with college reps and based my decisions off that. One of the schools I was interested in was a community college somewhere in Maine and the main reason why i turned it down was because its shop area had basically no breathing room and the facility itself sucked.
IG - @oem_moses

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 05:22:07 am »
I know it's financially beneficial, but there's no way I'd be happy doing it.
College is for life, I don't feel like starting the first two years being unmotivated to do anything and just hating it.
I don't feel it's worth it to save some money and transfer to some place I could already be accustomed to for years in advance.

Just my opinion since I hate my home; at first I wanted to go out-of-state, but I started reconsidering it when I really started thinking about it. I knew I didn't wanna go to community, it basically wasn't an option.

I started off getting crappy acceptances, but nothing I was interested in.
I started getting denied to places I wanted to go, all in-state.

My priority school got denied, then the next, then the last priority; for in-state.
So all in-state was denied except CSU Fullerton (Which won't matter if I get accepted or denied).

I got Oregon, but didn't have anything I wanted to major in (At that time; right now I'm not sure).
Then I got University of Tampa, which did have my major, but I stopped being interested in the school shortly before being accepted, so didn't matter.
Then Duquesne gave me a $14k scholarship, but again, didn't have my major.

I thought Boston was gonna for sure deny me, so I wasn't sure what I was gonna do, but after I got accepted, it was basically a 100% yes until I saw the costs.

$60k a year is insane, but it's a good school, so it should leave me with a good job or at least a good experience.
Gotta do something with my life. :P

Sorry, for my pre-college life story. Lol.