April 28, 2024, 07:14:23 pm

Author Topic: Yay! An annoying new bug!  (Read 1104 times)

tiggy26668

• View Profile
Yay! An annoying new bug!
« on: March 16, 2013, 08:50:50 pm »
so i found a new little quirk with the server along with 1.5.... Mostly just information for the next person to deal with it....

apparently if you ride a minecart up any kinda incline and exit the minecart (breaking/right clicking) it will teleport you back to where you got into the minecart.

oddly it doesn't apply to going downhill or across a flat surface, but if you travel up hill (i tested with 2 blocks) you will get teleported back.

Doesn't happen on vanilla 1.5 either (tested that to) so it must be related to one of the plugins on the server,my first guess was one of the anti cheat ones, just seemed to fit, but could be anything. searching google for the bug didn't get any results.

it's also not some kind of lag or a case of "never actually got in the minecart and moved" as when you exit the minecart the item/cart stays at the spot you left it while you get teleported.

so pretty much.....
figured it was worth mentioning for the next person thinking they're crazy teleporting back randomly over and over.

and if you don't wanna waste time ridding a minecart don't go uphill till this bug is squashed by whoever is responsible for the plugin causing it  :P
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Yay! An annoying new bug!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 09:30:15 pm »
In 1.4 I had the same issue with boats, but going downstream.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:34:46 pm »
I have no idea what plugin could possibly be affecting this. Unless somehow no cheat thinks you are in mid air and teleports you back.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 03:07:21 am »
Yeah, it could be that the tolerance for vehicle packets are too high, in which players can't perform as many movements in vehicles. (for nc+)

It could also just be a Bukkit thing, you never know.