April 29, 2024, 04:47:13 pm

Author Topic: Voting needs to be discussed  (Read 22174 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Voting needs to be discussed
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 05:40:54 am »
I'm done here because I've got my point across. I think you should do the same.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 05:41:25 am »
Well, if my poll ever gets unlocked, we'll get to see if voting on these websites even works. I think that maybe one or two people came to Opticraft from a top server website and stayed. If that's the case, voting is a waste of time and is basically free money. If not, then it can be kept and maybe have votifier added.

It is not only the joining thing.... It's all about being thankfull...
You're missing the point. It's not being thankful to pour your effort into something that does nothing for the server, if voting actually has no effect. You can always say "Thank you" to the Admins and maybe donate.

I edited my previous post with this, but it got bumped up, so I'll just add it to this post. I accidentally voted yes on my own poll, so I reset the votes. There was only 1 other vote, so please re-vote.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

__pORKCHOPS

• The frenchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 05:45:18 am »
I'm done here because I've got my point across. I think you should do the same.

Same but just want to say that if you don't think that voting for our amazing server isn't important... just don't do it... But I'll continue. thanks

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 06:04:21 am »
It doesn't even take 5 minutes to vote, just like 1 minute for all of them together.
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

johekl

• Top Voter
  • Mayor of Tudor Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 06:46:29 am »
It doesn't even take 5 minutes to vote, just like 1 minute for all of them together.

I don't know where you other people get 5 minutes from, doesn't even take 5 minutes when I vote from my phone.

Quote from: GTOP FAQ
You can vote once every 24 hours per internet connection but we really recommend you vote once every 12 hours because sometimes you enter wrong captcha and other things can go wrong as well, we have made tests that show that voting once every 12 hours instead of every 24 hours can give up to a 1/4 more votes.

Explaining where some of the votes are lost.
:o

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 07:25:21 am »
Well, if my poll ever gets unlocked, we'll get to see if voting on these websites even works. I think that maybe one or two people came to Opticraft from a top server website and stayed. If that's the case, voting is a waste of time and is basically free money. If not, then it can be kept and maybe have votifier added.

Edit: I accidentally voted yes on my own poll, so I reset the votes. There was only 1 other vote, so please re-vote.
If vote sites dont work, i challenge you to figure out how we had 70 players on the first day we launched the 1.0 server. Our 1.8 server had 20 players max on at a time, the only difference being that we advertised the 1.0 server.

By the way, i feel kind of bad that you have so little faith in humanity.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:28:06 am by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 08:42:13 am »
It's sad that people don't fill out the captions and just exploit clicking for free diamonds.

cake27

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 11:50:30 am »
there is also another problem... some of the votes are being put in at 12:00am!
the top voters must have a script that makes unfinished votes.
i could only get in 9th last month!

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 02:10:37 pm »
You know. Until now, I had no idea that we had to fill out captions.

When I get the diamonds, I thought that was verifying our vote o.o

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 03:02:48 pm »
This is why I didn't want to get voting on PMC. Voting there is hard as shit, and I have really only been successful like three times before out if the like 20 times I tried, and if people think the Captcha is hard enough, then looks like PMC will require you to divide by zero. I agree with crzy. Let's just remove too voter if people are a using the exploit because I knew that not everyone wholeheartedly voted, but I didn't think it was so bad as losing 86 out of 100 votes. And I will admit I haven't voted in forever. I haven't used the exploit, not have voted at all.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2013, 04:13:36 pm »
This is why I didn't want to get voting on PMC. Voting there is hard as shit, and I have really only been successful like three times before out if the like 20 times I tried, and if people think the Captcha is hard enough, then looks like PMC will require you to divide by zero. I agree with crzy. Let's just remove too voter if people are a using the exploit because I knew that not everyone wholeheartedly voted, but I didn't think it was so bad as losing 86 out of 100 votes. And I will admit I haven't voted in forever. I haven't used the exploit, not have voted at all.

Salsa I love you.... Not so much for your opinion.... But after reading this entire waste of a forum post. (Its just 3 pages of bickering....) you were the only one to call it a captcha.. Not a caption... Or a capture... But a captcha... So congrats u win the "not a dumbass" award....

we already knew the majority of people don't vote... I said the same thing like 4 months ago..

diamonds are worthless, everyone lies, and the chance of getting top voter competing with pretend voters is non-existent.

IMO removed the prizes, leave the ability to vote... And those that want to help out the server will still do so cuz it sure as hell isn't for for useless diamonds or to get donation rewards without actually donating....
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 05:00:10 pm »

Edit: I accidentally voted yes on my own poll, so I reset the votes. There was only 1 other vote, so please re-vote.
If vote sites dont work, i challenge you to figure out how we had 70 players on the first day we launched the 1.0 server. Our 1.8 server had 20 players max on at a time, the only difference being that we advertised the 1.0 server.

By "recruited players", I meant players who came from those websites and stayed for a reasonable amount of time. I'll bet that most of those players stayed for one or two days, and said, "Oh, this is such a great server! Kthxbai." Sadly, there's no way to test this, since a lot of these players may have left by now, so it just comes down to opinion.

Also, it isn't that I don't have faith in humans. I should have said "my current view of human nature doesn't allow this." I've already stated my reasons, so I won't repeat myself here.

Edit: Although there's no way to prove this, I don't think a voting bot exists. Probably the 12 a.m. people keep backspacing then typing the last letter of their name until they can vote. I searched for a voting bot, and returned 0 results. However, it would be very easy to program one in javascript. It may exist and be passed around by e-mail, but there is no evidence of that. I just think they're retyping their name, as I said before.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:04:12 pm by Wyboth »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 05:15:39 pm »

By "recruited players", I meant players who came from those websites and stayed for a reasonable amount of time. I'll bet that most of those players stayed for one or two days, and said, "Oh, this is such a great server! Kthxbai." Sadly, there's no way to test this, since a lot of these players may have left by now, so it just comes down to opinion.
That still doesn't explain how we have so many people on the server now. People dont randomly type in smp.opticraft.net they had to have seen the server advertised somewhere. I dont get exactly how you came to the conclusion that voting sites dont work very well. If anything, our server proves they can be quite useful.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 06:35:10 pm »
Not sure who locked this, but to conclude my point. Top Voter should be removed, there is no reason to reward people who arent doing anything but taking from the server. Didn't mean for this to be an argument, simply wanted ideas on how to fix this.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2013, 06:37:17 pm »
I agree, there is no point in having top voter unless the glitch is fixed.