March 28, 2024, 11:55:12 am

Author Topic: why people talk too much.  (Read 9826 times)

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
  • Previously goalieguy60, ^^ thats me
    • View Profile
    • My youtube.
why people talk too much.
« on: February 11, 2013, 02:33:40 am »
You may have seen ingame that certain players talk more than possible. Most likely, they have an orange name.not all people with this colored name are unreasonably loud. There is a reason for this. The orange name means that you are trusted, as the rank is called "trusted". This was not always the case. Nowadays, staff look for anyone they find trustworthy to rank up these players. But, let's travel back to the summer of '12. At this point, theres was one way to be heard. This was to i guess get heard. And if you are going to talk with the same people every day to get trusted, why not get to know them? At this point when they actually received the rank, they were besties with others. So now it's an instinct to talk too much. So dont blame us. Blame the genetics of friendship.

I do know you are wondering, because i wanted to know why the chat was spammed when i joined as well.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: why people talk too much.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:38:02 am »
What?
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 02:44:29 am »

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 02:55:49 am »
What?
Thanks for informing us goalie :P
Oh, i didnt know you were a new player, sorry.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 03:45:31 am »
I've never heard anyone complain that people are talking too much. Is that because they're drowned out in the tsunami of chat messages?

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:15:17 am »
I've never heard anyone complain that people are talking too much. Is that because they're drowned out in the tsunami of chat messages?
most likely.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 01:30:55 pm »
my name is orange, and i dont talk very much

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 02:11:15 pm »
I like to chat to make people laugh and be happy, plus it's fun to hear what people say.
Im back.... I think

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 05:08:00 pm »
Did this really need a topic? I think the main reason it happens is because people use global for things which people can easily chat about in local or private messages or type words or very small sentences on individual lines rather than just one...

Operators never have and never will pick trusteds from just their "friendship groups", obviously if players are seen speaking in global more they have a better chance of being seen by the staff and considered for a promotion, but we review a much wider range of people for trusted rather than just the people who talk a lot.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 07:51:10 pm »
Did this really need a topic? I think the main reason it happens is because people use global for things which people can easily chat about in local or private messages or type words or very small sentences on individual lines rather than just one...

Operators never have and never will pick trusteds from just their "friendship groups", obviously if players are seen speaking in global more they have a better chance of being seen by the staff and considered for a promotion, but we review a much wider range of people for trusted rather than just the people who talk a lot.
I have seen many people misled about the relationship between getting trusted and talking a lot. This explains it very well, thank you.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube.
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 08:41:15 pm »

I have seen many people misled about the relationship between getting trusted and talking a lot. This explains it very well, thank you.

I have known fully honest and giving people who have been active more than me and joined a few days after me who are not trusted. But then i become active for 1 month and begin to contribute to the main conversation more and bam. I am orange. Well, that is just how i see it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:51:51 pm by Tobs »

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 08:52:55 pm »

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 01:08:18 pm »
Why can't people socialize? are we going to make a new rule 'no talking'?
 Sometimes, yes, chat overflows. Mods kick spammers, problem solved. Do remember that there are trades, and most likely multiple conversations going in in global
It is kind of a bummer that /deafen is disabled, I think it should be useable, oh well

I find this topic pointless, anybody else agree?
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 06:11:41 pm »
He keeps posting everywhere and it seems he's just trying to get his forum number count up...

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • My youtube.
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 07:59:26 pm »
He keeps posting everywhere and it seems he's just trying to get his forum number count up...
If i were posting everywhere to boost my post count, why would i type a lot and not like just 1 word? And what advantage do i have with more posts?
And i stay active on the forums because i am on my mobile so i cant go ingame :P