March 28, 2024, 08:16:05 pm

Author Topic: A new Singleplayer Project  (Read 25480 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: A new Singleplayer Project
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 12:14:46 am »
What happened? I see spam, but what did they do to be considered spamming? And yeah, don't think Scottish would do anything like that either...
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 12:40:31 am »
Some kid came on and made two topics, referencing phalluses, nipples, and derogatory terms for African Americans numerous times. He also created two other accounts named Optical and Xeadin and posted in those topics. He was also flooding the recent posts box. Xeadin took care of it.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 02:23:38 am »
Alrighty, that's reasonable enough to me. Let's get back on topic. What is the theme of the map? Like caves, snow mountain, etc
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 02:42:58 am »
To be honest, it hasn't really been decided yet. We've been throwing around several ideas. Xeadin suggested that parts of the map should be a claustrophobic dark maze, sort of like Hospice. I envisioned massive floating dream islands, each one a snippet of a biome, or a piece of a memory. Xeadin already made the basic world in WorldPainter, so there's nothing implemented yet. The basic plot is that a malevolent force is corrupting your dreams and trying to escape into the real world.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 02:45:11 am »
To be honest, it hasn't really been decided yet. We've been throwing around several ideas. Xeadin suggested that parts of the map should be a claustrophobic dark maze, sort of like Hospice. I envisioned massive floating dream islands, each one a snippet of a biome, or a piece of a memory. Xeadin already made the basic world in WorldPainter, so there's nothing implemented yet. The basic plot is that a malevolent force is corrupting your dreams and trying to escape into the real world.

Well I do like the basic plot...I think maybe having several or islands themed as different dreams with varying dreams might be interesting.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 02:51:16 am »

Well I do like the basic plot...I think maybe having several or islands themed as different dreams with varying dreams might be interesting.
That was a quick reply! Anyways, one idea I had for the "corrupted" dream islands would be that some are flipped upside down or sideways (think The Distortion World from Pokemon Platinum). Or, when entering them, players would fall under a potion effect, such as nausea. Not sure how this would be implemented, though.

▲▼Dunderheid▼▲

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 06:00:04 pm »
Found out who the spammer was, his name was minerman12321 and he was banned way back in June. And I seem to remember he made a rather interesting ban appeal....

/powertool spawnmob giant

click click click click click

teehee

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 07:57:19 pm »
Found out who the spammer was, his name was minerman12321 and he was banned way back in June. And I seem to remember he made a rather interesting ban appeal....

Good eye!

Yes, he did make an interesting appeal, describing that he 'cut himself.' I find it more interesting that he's still lurking around these forums.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 07:59:09 pm by Xeadin »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 09:26:24 pm »
I thought it would be a banned player...

▲▼Dunderheid▼▲

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 10:55:02 pm »
BTw salsa do you have an account on the Dreamscape forums? I'll pm you the URL

/powertool spawnmob giant

click click click click click

teehee

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 07:44:16 pm »

Good eye!

Yes, he did make an interesting appeal, describing that he 'cut himself.' I find it more interesting that he's still lurking around these forums.
Lmfao, that appeal oozes with "Yes, moderators, please don't unban me." Anyways, I'll keep him in check on Dreamscape if he ever comes back.

whatmyname

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 11:08:55 pm »
I've got a server, but no one goes on it so you could use that? c= Also I'm a decent builder. I can make most things look nice, like making islands and stuff. :3

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 07:08:50 am »
I've got a server, but no one goes on it so you could use that? c= Also I'm a decent builder. I can make most things look nice, like making islands and stuff. :3

We've already got one in the books with Dunderheid, but if something doesn't work well on his end, then we may use yours as a back-up. As such, if you want to be a part of the dev team, have at it. Just be sure to follow this post.

With that said, it seems like they should have a stable build for Bukkit at this point. Let's just hope that all goes well, in general...

I would assume that Dunder's waiting on me to bring him the world files... :-\ I do have those ready to be handed off.

whatmyname

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 11:55:45 am »
My server's also Bukkit c=< It's got the main plugins like Essentials and I know how to use most of them, however if you're planning on letting other people on to view or whatever I might need to get worldguard to make it antigriefable.

Also you can come try it out on a new world I've made if you want to. Just to see if it's okay and fit for the project, then I'll create a new world and we can do it?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:09:57 pm by whatmyname »

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 01:31:11 am »

We've already got one in the books with Dunderheid, but if something doesn't work well on his end, then we may use yours as a back-up. As such, if you want to be a part of the dev team, have at it. Just be sure to follow this post.

With that said, it seems like they should have a stable build for Bukkit at this point. Let's just hope that all goes well, in general...

I would assume that Dunder's waiting on me to bring him the world files... :-\ I do have those ready to be handed off.
It may just be me, but I didn't see a stable 1.5 CraftBukkit build. Could you point me to it?