March 29, 2024, 07:28:05 am

Poll

How do you think that the Economy on the opticraft server is going?

Strong
Struggling
Don't care

Author Topic: Economy  (Read 11065 times)

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: Economy
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 11:12:32 pm »
You mean like one person uniting hundreds of little shops into a huge corporation? I like that idea...
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

tiggy26668

• View Profile
Re: Economy
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 02:37:30 am »
Didn't nick make a thread a while back for people to rage about pumpkin farms? Because that's really all that you're doing. This was supposed to be a thread about the economy, not nerfed items.

actually i just said my opinion on the economy and nick started being a jerk toward me about it so i was pointing out where he got things wrong.

also i'm still waiting for his opinion on the economy and how well he thinks it's doing
I got mad (which I already admitted was wrong) because you turned your opinion on the economy into an attack on us for nerfing items.

You really want my opinion on the economy? I feel it is fine. The idea for the market was not intended to start an economy. It was supposed to be a last resort to buying blocks. We had no idea that people would spend so much time trying to find loopholes to get insanely rich. To market was meant to be expensive as to discourage people from relying on it while being beneficial to those who play all the time. Obviously due to these loopholes that all went down the drain. But i don't necessarily think that it makes the current economy bad. At the beginning we should have made the sell prices for blocks MUCH lower than we did. The only problem with that is then players would have no real way to get the protection stones that are so vital to most players. As for right now, a lot of players are set on how the economy works and i think changing it would prove disastrous for the server.

Wonderfully opinion nick, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the economy.
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.